Pregnant!

K P.
on 2/18/17 9:46 am
DS on 07/08/14

Hi guys! We found out two weeks ago and we're pregnant! I'm so excited. We're currently 6w4d with our first ultrasound on Tuesday, we'll be 7 weeks. We got my surgeons okay months back and it finally happened. I'm about 2.5 years out. Anyway I posted this on the post op pregnancy board but  I'll post here for your insight as well.

I typically eat 100 total carbs or less each day. I've been doing a lot of reading and decided I needed to add a few more for my babies development. So now my goal is 150 a day. Not to say some days I eat three cookies or a donut and go over, but I'm shooting for that 150 number. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Too many carbs really upset my stomach and cause gas and diarrhea. I've added in granola as a good complex carbs. Any other suggestions?

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

PattyL
on 2/18/17 12:57 pm

Congratulations!

K P.
on 2/19/17 6:38 pm
DS on 07/08/14

Thanks! We're excited.

misyoungthang
on 2/18/17 6:03 pm
DS on 06/13/16

Congrats. I had the GVS and had my son and added in an extra protien shake a day. I ate minimal carbs but stayed high protien and minimal fruits because they can be high in sugar but better than a snack. I ate granola bars when I wanted that sugar fix. I am not sure how having the DS and adding extra carbs will affect your pregnancy. I had the DS just a few months ago. I know the more carbs I eat the more time I spend in the ladies room. I will say I only gained 15-20 lbs with my son verses 40lbs with my daughter?.  Good luck!!!

K P.
on 2/19/17 6:35 pm
DS on 07/08/14

Thanks! I've decided To add a protein shake a day because I can't seem to meet my protein goal of 120g a day. 

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/19/17 6:07 pm
Google search this forum. There have been a few DSers that have had babies post op.

The only one I can remember was from about 9 years ago. The person found a doctor that specialize in working with WLS patients (or something like that).

As for complex carbs-potatoes work really well, brown rice, oatmeal, beans all work well for me (well maybe not the beans! ...lol but i still love them).

Scott
K P.
on 2/19/17 6:37 pm
DS on 07/08/14

Thanks. I've found a new found love of potatoes. A few at a time are seeming to do the trick. I guess I need to go back to rule #1 and remember protein first right now anyway but any carbs I eat I want to make sure are good carbs.

Valerie G.
on 2/21/17 12:35 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Keep in mind that your baby is going to take everything it needs out of your body.  You will be left with what it doesn't need, so you want to give yourself extra 'everything' to keep yourself from becoming a nutritional raisin.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

K P.
on 2/21/17 1:14 pm
DS on 07/08/14

Yeah I'm trying as hard as I can to keep my protein intake where it needs to be. Unfortunately I've not been able to eat as much lately and my protein has been affected. I also feel full for so long. I have come to terms with knowing I may not be able to hit goal everyday but that I started out healthy and I'll make it up in a few weeks when I hit the second trimester. 

Valerie G.
on 2/21/17 1:19 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

You may find that the baby takes up more room as it grows.  You may want to eat more frequently to keep your goals.  The risk is more for you than the baby, so take care of YOU

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views