Hey Y'all!

Ray_Of_Fricken_Suns
hine

on 4/18/17 3:49 am

Hello, Everyone!

It feels so weird actually posting something. I just registered last night, but I've been lurking for about a month! *I feel so creepy saying that!*
I just wanted to say hello, and also, Thank You!
Y'all have already been such a great resource for me. I especially appreciate all of the veterans who have stuck around all these years to help keep people educated. It's really cool that y'all are still here, answering the same 37 questions over and over with practically no sarcasm!!

Anyways, I am going to be getting a DS (hopefully) very soon, and I'm just trying to take it all in, be as prepared as possible, and learn a thing or two. I'm excited and completely overwhelmed, with a dash of terrified. LoL... I have PCOS. I went 15 years without insurance, and therefore went undiagnosed and untreated. By the time I was actually diagnosed, my body just wouldn't respond to anything.
This surgery was recommended by my endocrinologist to basically "restart" my system.
Anyways, I really appreciate y'all being so informative, and willing to help. I'll try to search before I ask! Hahaha.

BTW: I've obsessively looked at y'all's before and after pics, and y'all look great!!!

jshereetaylor
on 4/18/17 12:52 pm
Revision on 04/22/17

Hello to you!! I am new here as well.

I had VSG 5 years ago, but I will be switched this week.

Good luck to you!

Ray_Of_Fricken_Suns
hine

on 4/18/17 2:28 pm

That's exciting! I hope all goes well! We'll be newbies together!

larra
on 4/18/17 1:27 pm - bay area, CA

The DS is an especially good choice for someone with a metabolic problem like PCOS. It's unlikely that any purely restrictive surgery would get you anywhere. So good job by the endocrinologist to recommend it and good job by you to go for it.

Larra

PeteA
on 4/19/17 6:09 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Welcome. Glad to have you. Lurking isn't creepy at all - sometimes the best way to learn. :)

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

K P.
on 4/19/17 8:03 am
DS on 07/08/14

Welcome! I also have PCOS, after the DS I am in remission! I still have a ton of cysts on my ovaries and some extra hair, but my endocrine labs look great. I even started ovulating and am now pregnant! The DS "cured" me without a doubt. It's been amazing for that.

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Ray_Of_Fricken_Suns
hine

on 4/19/17 11:26 pm

That's incredible, and so encouraging! Girl, I had to learn a long time ago how to wax my own face, because the costs of waxing everything once a week were too much!!
Congrats on you pregnancy, and thanks for the warm welcome!

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views