Started PatchMd and nervous!!

katinhouston
on 4/24/17 8:59 pm - Houston, TX

i started using the PatchMd patches last week and it makes me so nervous! I have been religious about my vitamins since my surgery 3.5 years ago and it feels so weird not to be walking around with my vitamin packs in my purse at all times. I still take a probiotic and a few doses of calcium through the day. I do 4 patches-multivitamin, calcium/vitD, biotin, and iron.

I switched mainly thinking of long term liver health with taking so many oral vitamins.

Had anyone been on the patches long term and done well? I'm just so afraid my labs, which are pretty consistently good (vitamin a and iron issues occasionally)are going to go in the crapper! I had labs drawn right before starting the patches and plan to have them done again after 2-3 months.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks

PeteA
on 4/25/17 8:02 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I was part of a PatchMD group on FB. After some initial good results it seemed like the

results were too hit or miss for people to rely on them ( mine was a miss). Nobody could figure out why one

person reacted better than others. I would pay special attention to vit D and iron. Since

your doing half and half on the calcium it may take a while to see if that works OK.

I think as long as you keep up with your labs it's worth a shot. I haven't done a lot of in depth
looking but none of the people 10 years and over have ever reported liver issues. That being the
group I would expect to see more issues if the whole liver thing applies to DS patients.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

ladybug513
on 4/25/17 9:06 am - NY

I was so hopeful for these patches to work but my labs tanked even more after using them for three months unfortunately.

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

larra
on 4/25/17 12:55 pm - bay area, CA

Awesome concept, but I have yet to see anyone post about good results.

Larra

PattyL
on 4/26/17 5:00 am

Same here! The FB group disbanded after they pretty much decided the patches didn't work. Quite a few people tried them with dismal results.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views