Hiatal Hernia Repair, Gallbladder Removal and DS on same day???

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/12/17 3:19 pm

I am having my revision from VSG to DS in June but also have a hiatal hernia that needs to be repaired, on top of that I want to have my gallbladder removed so that I don't have to come back again in a year or so like I have heard others have. Does anyone have experience with doing all three on the same day? If so, how was your recovery? Any complications? Did your recovery seem to take longer than expected? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PattyL
on 5/12/17 4:39 pm

It's very common to remove the GB along with the DS. And that hernia may be just a couple stitches. That's pretty common too. If you are going to be operated on might as well do it all! I wouldn't be concerned especially since your stomach is already done.

PeteA
on 5/14/17 2:24 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I kept my GB and had no hernia but from what I've seen a not unusual combination. I haven't ever seen anyone say that their recovery took any longer with those issues. You do see the usual hernia stuff, that isn't DS related, of some people where the hernia fix doesn't hold. I think that is just a risk for any hernia repair.

Pete

airbender
on 5/14/17 4:39 pm

yes, that is very common, I had the DS, hiatal hernia repair, and GB removed all at the same time. I have had 8 abdominal surgeries, that was an easy recovery, but all things are relative to your experiences

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Valerie G.
on 5/16/17 7:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had my DS along with removal of gallbladder and appendix at the same time. No problems.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views