Dr Joseph Long - Denver

LilyYoung365
on 5/24/17 10:28 am

good morning everyone! I'm going In to see Dr Joseph Long today for a consult and the beginning of my journey to DS surgery. Have any of you met or used him? What did you think?

LilyYoung365
on 5/24/17 10:52 am

I'm looking at his website and it says he does the loop, but when I talked to his secretary she said they do the standard of care DS with dual anastomosis. Hm

PattyL
on 5/24/17 11:49 am

There is nothing better than the DS. Read and learn everything you can. And make sure you know what you are getting! I am not at all familiar with this surgeon and I know most of them. Ask lots of questions! Find out how many he has done, etc.

larra
on 5/24/17 2:47 pm - bay area, CA

I've heard of docs on Co doing the loop DS but not the standard of care DS with 2 anastamoses. I would ask very specific questions, and even if he's doing the real DS, ask about common channel length - we're hearing about docs making extremely long common channels and tight sleeves, supposedly to lower the risk of nutritional deficiencies, but IMHO putting patients at more risk for inadequate weight loss or eventual weight regain.

It's very important to be well informed, ask questions, and advocate for yourself.

Larra

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 45 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 619 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 227 views