Gas

Est
on 6/12/17 4:28 pm - Syracuse, UT

I have uncontrollable gas and it seems to be worse. Anyone that can give me advise would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Est

GenJones
on 6/13/17 11:04 am

I had the worst gas of my life a day or so after giving birth to my daughter (emergency cesarean). I actual (ACTUALLY) thought I was going to die. My doc told me to start out lying on my left side and then roll over to my right then... repeat. I did that for about 20 mins and then the gas started to pass. I'd never been so happy to fart.

Est
on 6/13/17 11:43 am - Syracuse, UT

I don't have trouble farting, I fart all the time no matter what I eat. I need something to stop the uncontrollable gass.

Janet P.
on 6/14/17 9:49 am

What are you eating? Do you take a probiotic? Have you tried Gas-X or other OTC products? Can't tell you how to control something without understanding what might be causing it (and it could be a number of things).

Someone mentioned sugar alcohols. Do you eat anything that's "sugar free"? Do you eat fruit or citrus? What about milk or other dairy products? How's your white sugar carb intake? Do you drink carbonated beverages?

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 6/20/17 9:05 am

What pro biotic are you using, and do you consume a lot of carbs, sound like you may need to clean your system out. How far out are you?

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

PeteA
on 6/13/17 11:56 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I've seen two things that might help. The first is a high end pro-biotic (Ultra Defense, something like that) along with that you might want to ask your Doc about a round of flagyl beforehand. It's an antibiotic that kills off most of the micro organisms in your stomach leaving it to be repopulated with a good probiotic.

Other than that have you tried OTC like Gas-X? I seem to recall some people having good luck with that in the past.

How far out are you? I remember I had issues like that my first month and then figured out I came out of surgery lactose intolerant and of course my surgeons food plan involved a lot of powdered milk early on. Not a good combo. :)

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

hollykim
on 6/13/17 12:07 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 12, 2017 at 11:28 PM Pacific Time, Est wrote:

I have uncontrollable gas and it seems to be worse. Anyone that can give me advise would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Est

it probably has to do with your diet. Carbs, bread, pasta, etc will make lots of stinky gas. To stop it ,, stop eating carbs.

Also, artificial sugars as well as sugar alcohols will cause stinky gas. Sugar alcohols end in "it'll" like erythrotal.

Crazeru
on 6/13/17 5:23 pm

For me it was the sugar alcohols (*itol), sorbitol was in all my chewable vitamins. SF jello, pudding... then guten and whey intolerance. Add onions, several veggies... I had to do 2 rounds of Flagyl to kill off the bad bacteria, repopulate with good, and do an elimination diet to find the trigger foods.

That being said, I still have a problem with probiotics. Onions, broccoli, cauliflower, breads. As Diana use to say, TIVO the carbs until you get home from work. Meats, cheeses, nuts, jerky, safe foods for work and save the carbs for later. Onions are in a lot of dishes.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

dogma2karma
on 6/13/17 11:07 pm - Suburbia, CA

Sugar alcohols are not my friends either. I check every label for them because they cause painful gas and bloating. For me, gas from sugar alcohols does not cause stinky gas. I avoid stinky gas by avoiding high sugar and high carb foods.

259.5/227.5/122/118
8.5 months post DSNormal BMI, woohoo!
Valerie G.
on 6/14/17 4:26 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

9 times out of 10 it's something you're eating. Time for an elimination diet.

My list consists of:

Milk (but most other dairy is okay)

onions and leeks

terriyaki

pasta

whey protein

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 641 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views