PLEASE HELP!!! DS diet plan!!

InfamousBM
on 8/12/17 11:39 pm - Manteca, Ca
DS on 08/07/17

Hey Everyone,

I literally just got the DS surgery Monday, 08/07/17. It's almost time for my liquid diet to end on this coming Monday. I feel like it's torture being on the liquid diet and nothing sounds or taste good to me. But my issue is I keep having cravings and trying to keep my self preoccupied with trying out new hobbies. I feel deprived but I keep looking at the bigger picture on what's coming ahead of me. I want to know on everyone's second week of eating purée foods and the third week of soft foods, what did you guys eat? How did it make you feel? What went down easily without making you sick? I'm just so full of questions and want to know exactly what are the do's and don'ts? Please let me know your feedbacks! Thank you!

Valerie G.
on 8/13/17 8:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Wow, docs orders differ so greatly. My pureed diet was about a half a day. I was eating soft foods in the hospital on day 4 and tolerating them well.

• If you give into a craving, make sure it's super moist and juicy. Don't be surprised if it's not nearly as satisfying as you made it up to be in your head.
  • Also, as you try new things, do so only one at a time, so if you do have a bad reaction, you know exactly what to blame.
  • 64oz is your minimum goal of fluids. You do not work up to this, you achieve it each and every day. Find something that 'doesn't suck'. Try different flavors and temperatures until you find your winner. I had to get to green koolaid and sweet tea (both used splenda) before I could do this. I also did SF watered down hawaiian punch.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Janet P.
on 8/14/17 8:55 am

Never really did "pureed foods" but stuck with soft foods that were easy to eat. Scrambled eggs, cottege cheese, tuna w/mayo, egg salad, greek yogurt.

In my opinion there are no do's and don't's, but obviously you need to follow your surgeon's guidelines. Your primary goal is to stay hydrated so you should be sipping constantly. Between sipping you can try eating a bite or two. You have new insides and they need time to heal.

Remember you're literally talking about a couple of bites of food.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/17 9:17 pm
Lisa_at_the_beach
on 9/13/17 10:23 am - Raleigh, NC
with

Your diet sounds like what my Dr recommended for me. Out of the whole process the purée'd food phase was the hardest. I mostly staid with the liquid diet because I hated purée'd foods so much. Ate some sugar free pudding, protein soup from Bariatric Advantage and protein smoothies. I was so happy to get out of that phase. Honestly though, since I felt so sick all the time I didn't have cravings. Mostly dreaded eating.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 244 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 732 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views