Finding my groove post surgery

vixen01
on 11/19/17 4:38 am
Hello everyone! I’m trying to find my happy place post surgery. With food and my body but it seems hard. On 10/6 I had the DS done after having a previous sleeve in 2010. I wasn’t resleeved at all. Since then I’ve lost quite a bit of weight. I literally only want to lose another 5-10 pounds but haven’t figured out how I’ll stop that from happening. Ironically, I’m never really hungry but I can tolerate mostly everything same as before. I’m not a sweets person so I can’t attest to that stuff but I’m not interested anyway. I use a tracker to track activity and I’m daily always well over my goal. I want to resume exercise now that’s it been a few weeks but I’m nervous I’ll just keep losing weight faster. I’m wondering when did your weight loss stop?

Also, I literally get morning sickness a few times a week when I wake up. So friggin weird. This happen to anyone? When it happens it’s lke a thirty minutes loss of time for me. I haven’t figured what causes it yet as it seems random.

Anyway helpful suggestions or input would be much appreciated. Thanks....
  SW: 245  GW: 150  CW: 142 

th_LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg        
Valerie G.
on 11/19/17 12:32 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

That morning sickness sensation is overnight dehydration. I know of some who had that and got into a habit of waking up in the night to drink some water (kept glass on nightstand). Another just woke up a few minutes earlier and drank some water, then waited for it to kick in before she got up.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Janet P.
on 11/20/17 9:56 am

Since you just had your DS about 6 weeks ago and you're now only 5-10 pounds from goal, you need to start adding carbs to help slow your weight loss. For me the weight loss slowed as I naturally started to eat more and add more carbs the farther out from surgery I got. It took me almost 10 months to lose all my excess weight but I had the DS in one stage. You probably need someone who was a two parter (VSG first then the switch later) to answer your question directly.

Check with your surgeon before resuming your exercise, since you did just have MAJOR surgery less than 2 months ago. My surgeon had me weight approximately 4 months before I could exercise. Ironically when I exercise, I do it not to lose weight but to tone muscle. Don't do any cardio - you don't want to burn calories because then you'll simply have to replenish those burned calories. My "cardio" amounts to walking 1 mile on a treadmill.

Can't help with the morning sickness question but seems like Val had the right answer for you.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

vixen01
on 11/25/17 6:08 am
Thanks. It really seems like this whole process is a case by case because so many people I meet share stories and they vary so much. I really appreciate your feed back and Val's. Everyone suggests the boards but based on the lack of responsiveness I may need to stick with those support groups.

With the holidays around I'll try and add in some healthy carbs. Thanks again!
  SW: 245  GW: 150  CW: 142 

th_LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg        
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 131 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 671 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views