Copper Sebacate, took Source Naturals 3 mg 11/day for 6 months and went deficient

Tarragon
on 1/10/18 10:45 am

I used to take tender copper and it kept my copper levels within the normal range, but it's now available. About 8 months ago I switched to Source Naturals Copper Sebacate tablets 3 mg each 11 tablets per day, and my copper webt from .82 (low normal) to .68 (slightly deficient.)

I am wondering whether it's the sebecate form vs the lysinate form of tender copper, or if it's maybe that the Source Naturals tables aren't dissolving.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I would be appreciative for any help.

MajorMom
on 1/10/18 4:14 pm - VA

Lysinate form is also the form in BioTech-Pharma brand. BioTech was one of Vitalady's primary suppliers and likely made her Tender Copper. Unfortunately, Bio-Tech Pharma only makes their copper in 1.5mg capsules now rather than the 3mg ones they used to sell to vendors such as Vitalady. You might be able to find another vendor that sells lysinate copper in 3 or more mg capsules. Let us know what you find.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Tarragon
on 1/10/18 4:15 pm

Thank you, Gina!

Sunshine16
on 1/11/18 11:07 am

Do see or feel the benefits of taking copper?

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Tarragon
on 1/11/18 11:36 am

When I get deficient in copper, I have less energy. If I take supplements and get my level back up, I feel more normal, which is low energy but not as low as when I'm deficient. :-)

However, just FYI my doc said don't supplement with copper unless you're having your levels checked because it's more toxic than most minerals if you get a little too much of it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 290 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 762 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views