OH Moderators: SADI is not the DS, the DS is not the SADI. Given them their own board

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/1/18 7:01 pm, edited 3/2/18 4:57 pm
They are not the same. OH Mods: Please create a separate board for this new surgery.
Scott
Valerie G.
on 3/2/18 8:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I second the nomination - but you need to put "OH Moderators" in the title to get their attention, most likely.

The SADI folks look to be feeling confident enough about themselves to argue with us now, so they're ready to be on their own.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/2/18 4:58 pm
Done
PattyL
on 3/2/18 11:08 am

I agree. There are indications the surgeries are more different than alike.

Member Services
on 3/5/18 10:48 am - Irvine, CA

Hello,

OH has no plans at this time to add/create new forums. May we suggest you create a private group and invite those that are interested. Here is the link:

Start a Group

Regards,

ObesityHelp Staff

babettes_feast
on 3/6/18 10:06 am

That link doesn't work!

Member Services
on 3/6/18 10:15 am - Irvine, CA

Hi babettes,

Sorry the link is not working for you. To start your own group follow these instructions.

Click Community tab on the upper left

Click Online Support Groups

Click the blue box "Start A Group" in the upper right hand corner.

If you need any help let us know.

PeteA
on 3/5/18 11:07 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I disagree. While they are different surgeries there are enough post-op similarities that both sides can benefit as long as people remember which surgery they are talking about.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

hollykim
on 3/7/18 6:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 5, 2018 at 7:07 PM Pacific Time, PeteA wrote:

I disagree. While they are different surgeries there are enough post-op similarities that both sides can benefit as long as people remember which surgery they are talking about.

and bingo,you have identified the problem right here. Some ppl don't even KNOW their surgeon has given them a SADI instead of a true DS and don't even have the knowledge to ask.

PeteA
on 3/7/18 11:06 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Not sure why that has anything to do with why people should or shouldn't be looking for info / help on the site. There are always people who don't have the full information on their surgery, not just SADI people. I've seen more than one DS person not understand what was done to them surgically and what the implications are.

It's an overwhelming topic emotionally and intellectually for a lot of people. While some surgeons use confusing phrases it is also true that people don't always remember the right details from their conversations. I know darn well that my surgeon walked me through the changes and hand drew some pictures but it was only 6 months post-op that I understood enough to try and explain it to someone else.

No one is saying that every person on the site should be compelled to help a person figure out what was done before trying to figure out what kind of help they might need but I don't understand the outrage about it. Read it and move on if it offends or seems less than useful.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 356 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views