My DS is finally scheduled

adam101
on 3/16/18 1:29 am

Today i received a call from the hospital, my DS surgery is scheduled for the 21 of April. I'm not excited anymore, i am very very scared instead. Any advises?

PeteA
on 3/16/18 7:49 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Focus on the reasons you want to do this. The things you want to do that you can't do now.
I also spent a lot of time in the archives here just trying to get an idea of what problems people
had in the past. Most had no relation to anything that happened to me post-op (nothing) but
it kept my mind occupied.

I was scared as they were rolling me into surgery but I knew I couldn't sustain the life that I
was living and that based on everything I knew from the Doc and research that this was my best
chance to lose and keep the weight off.

Congrats on the date. Let us know any questions that come to mind. I flitted from one thought to another until I was post-op and then was able to settle on hydration, protein, and vitamins.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

PattyL
on 3/16/18 10:19 am

If you were not scared, you wouldn't be normal! Try to focus ob your new life as a normal sized person!

faith2018
on 3/18/18 6:05 am
DS on 03/19/18

So glad to read your post about being scared is normal. My surgery is tomorrow and I know I have to do this but keep thinking what if something goes wrong.

Janet P.
on 3/17/18 8:19 am

It's a journey. Have confidence in your decision. Read and learn and listen (to yourself and others).

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

adam101
on 3/17/18 10:42 am

Thank u very much for ur replies and ur support. I will try to focus more on the positive side of the surgery than the negative one hopefully i'll feel better and stronger.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 113 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 658 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views