Surgery tomorrow for DS with Double anastomosis

faith2018
on 3/18/18 6:13 am
DS on 03/19/18

Just found this site and decided to join. I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow and keep going back and forth on what if something goes wrong. I know this is the right decision for me. I've prayed and prayed about it for many uears and asked for peace to know I'm doing the right thing. How has everyone done with this specific surgery? Would you do it again? Any advice??

Janet P.
on 3/19/18 7:48 am

Good luck tomorrow.

I had the DS 15 years ago. I would absolutely do it again. Hopefully you've researched the DS and understand the commitment you're making to ensure you get required vitamins, protein, and water. Follow your surgeon's instructions for the few month or so but make sure the instructions you've been given are for the DS and not RNY or sleeve.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

just_like_you
on 3/19/18 9:40 am - Dallas, TX

No question! You have had a lot of tests that say you're healthy enough for this surgery! You've chosen a great surgeon. You're opening the door to the life you're intended to enjoy. God speed!

Valerie G.
on 3/19/18 11:37 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm 12.5 yrs out and still love my DS.

One piece of advice I can offer is that very few surgeons or their affiliated nutritionists are up to date on the DS nutritional needs, and this can lead the patience down the path to deficiencies. There are some Facebook groups that do a lot of sharing of this information. The best starting vitamin schedule is on vitalady.com. It's not a bariatric designer vitamin (not worth the money, btw), but a collection of vitamins that we all need. If you take it for 3-6 months, you can then tweek your regimen according to the lab results from there.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 361 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views