Partial Vegitarian....

Karra_Hope
on 6/26/18 4:53 pm - Arlington, TX

Okay...I'not a vegetarian but I'm pretty close. I eat chicken and beef...deathly allergic to all fish. I'm looking for NON MEAT proteins that I'll be able to eat with the DS. I will ask the dietician but I don't meet with her for another 2-3 weeks. Thoughts, opinions, insights, ...

PattyL
on 6/27/18 2:18 am

Beans, peanut butter, tofu, cheese, turkey, eggs.

But what makes the DS work the best is avoiding carbs/sugar. It's very difficult to try to be vegetarian on a low carb diet.

Janet P.
on 6/27/18 2:51 am

I've know a few vegetarians over the years and it is a struggle. As PattyL said, avoiding carbs/sugar especially during the honeymoon period (first 12-18 months post-op) will help with optimum weight loss. Beans/legumes can definitely be an issue with bloating/gas. Tofu would definitely be a good option. Of course there are always protein supplements.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Karra_Hope
on 6/27/18 5:14 am - Arlington, TX

Thank you, both!

I do understand that the carbs and sugars will be a challenge. While I'm working with the dietician I'm learning what exactly a carb is (a lot of things are). I'm systematically replacing or eliminating these NOW. Both are elements that I've needed to get into control anyway. I'm maximizing this time. :)

Todays goal: Drink WATER

hollykim
on 6/28/18 8:47 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 27, 2018 at 12:14 PM Pacific Time, Karra_Hope wrote:

Thank you, both!

I do understand that the carbs and sugars will be a challenge. While I'm working with the dietician I'm learning what exactly a carb is (a lot of things are). I'm systematically replacing or eliminating these NOW. Both are elements that I've needed to get into control anyway. I'm maximizing this time. :)

Todays goal: Drink WATER

what vegetables do you eat?

Karra_Hope
on 6/29/18 5:42 am - Arlington, TX

All veggies. :) Except radishes and beets. Ewwwww.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/27/18 12:06 pm

As long as you can tolerate dairy and eggs -plus chicken and beef - you should be fine.

No pork? lots of people use bacon. Plus some pork is less expensive than beef (most of the time).

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Karra_Hope
on 6/29/18 5:43 am - Arlington, TX

Pork doesn't like me so I stay clear of it.

Grim_Traveller
on 6/28/18 1:24 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm a partial vegetarian too! For about 23 hours of every day, I eat no animal products.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Karra_Hope
on 6/29/18 5:44 am - Arlington, TX

Grim Traveler ... :) Agreed.

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views
Need help for my mom