Multivitamins needed after DS surgery and cost

sonnen01
on 7/14/18 6:28 pm

I I am scheduled for DS surgery on 07-17-18. I have lost the packet that told me what type of vitamins I need after surgery. I know vitamin D is one of them. Also what is the average cost per month for the multivitamins? Anything else I might need to take? Thanks!

larra
on 7/15/18 10:26 am - bay area, CA

Surely your surgeon's staff can provide you with another information packet!

At a minimum you will need D, A, K, a multi, iron, calcium citrate, and possibly zinc, possibly copper. The good news is that you really don't need to worry about choking down a bunch of pills right away as your body has stores to get you through the first couple tough weeks of recovery. After that, you will need to follow your labs and adjust your vitamins to keep your levels in the normal range. Each person seems to need different amounts of different vitamins. Even with your information packet, some surgeons provide good information and others, not so good, so you need to become your own advocate and follow your labs yourself.

I will send you a pm with more info.

Larra

sonnen01
on 7/15/18 6:15 pm
  • Larra- thank you very much for the information. I will get with the office tomorrow. Thanks, nolan
Valerie G.
on 7/15/18 5:42 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

What Larra said, and adding not to bother with bariatric vitamins. Centrum or equivalent will do fine. Take a double dose. 2000 mg of calcium citrate, 50,000 iu of dry 3D and 25,000iu of dry A. 1000 iu of dry K. You can find these dosages on Amazon without a prescription.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 120 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views