Medications post surgery

K.T.
on 10/21/18 2:17 pm
DS on 08/08/17

Hi all. New here. Been having great success with weightloss after my switch last year, but it's been a huge roller coaster trying to navigate my anxiety and a mood stabilizing medications.

Hoping someone can help with insight. Switched my meds to liquid in hopes they would absorb more readily. Wishing to come off all medications but not an option as of right now.

PeteA
on 10/23/18 5:38 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I can't talk about those specifically but moving to liquid should help.

Just from past posts some people end up having trouble with doses and also sometimes have to try different meds (rarer than the dose issues) to accomplish the same thing While not always an issue if you were taking extended release that can be a problem too, all depending on the person and the medicine though. Just something to watch for. I hope things even out for you with the liquid.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

aeadix
on 10/29/18 3:46 pm, edited 10/29/18 8:47 am

Make certain that your meds are NOT extended release...even liquids can be XR. I've gone from 1 x a day meds to 3 x a day, and have had no specific issues. However, your pharmacy may ned to special order it for you--most people get the XR for convenience reasons... Good luck!

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 642 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views