Thigh Pain (NUMBNESS)-CPAP

bunnytails
on 9/13/07 11:31 am - Orlando, FL

I was diagnosed with sever sleep apnea,  I have been on the cpap machine for just about 3weeks.  Since I started  using the c-pap I've been sleeping so well.  DEEP SLEEP The best sleep I could remember.  Ever since I started using the c-pap I get this awful pain in my left outer thigh area.   I wake up with such pain.  After I start  moving my leg it feels like a burning sensation along with pins and needles.  Can anyone tell me if they experienced this.  My surgery is scheduled for OCT 1,2007 and I don't want to have any type of problems.    Neice

Redhaired
on 9/13/07 12:30 pm - Mouseville, FL
Could it be that you are sleeping so soundly that you are in one position too long?  If it continues, I would suggest you see your PCP to get his/her opinion.

bunnytails
on 9/14/07 7:42 am - Orlando, FL
I think that's what it could be.  When I wake up Im in the same position.  I used to  toss and turn all night , not any more.   Last night I slept in a different position and did not get the pain.  However to be on the safe side Im going to contact the Dr. on Monday. Thank you Neice
Redhaired
on 9/14/07 7:48 am - Mouseville, FL
I have noticed since losing all of the weight that I have new pressure points and some of my old sleeping positions do not work for me anymore.  It is truly amazing when one starts "feeling" bones.

Michael Eak
on 9/13/07 12:50 pm - Largo, FL
Call your Primary & Surgeon IMMEADIATELY!! These could be signs of a Blood Clot.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
bunnytails
on 9/14/07 7:38 am - Orlando, FL
Thank You so much, I will contact my Dr. on Monday.    Neice
Jen D.
on 9/14/07 11:23 am - Central, FL
I always get a numbness on the outside of my left leg when I lie on my back for more than 20 minutes or so.  The position causes me to press on a nerve, I'm told.  You can relieve it by placing a bolster under your knees so your knees are bent.
bunnytails
on 9/15/07 1:45 am - Orlando, FL
Good Idea, I think I will try that.   Thanks Neice
Kristen H.
on 9/15/07 11:46 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Neice,

Do you have diabetes? If so, ask your PCP about sensory neuropathy. Have you recently had a virus? If so, did you take any antibiotic of the quinolone family like cipro, levaquin, avelox, floxin, or the like? A delayed, long term sensitivity is common. Have yo been bitten by a tick recently? Quit smoking?

Try to make a list of all the drugs you took up to one year prior to your symptoms, and since then, like the abovementioned antibiotics, inmunosuppressors, strong medications for special health conditions, antirheumatics. Also consider your exposures to chemicals at work or during your leisure activities.

Of course, it could be that you are sleeping on the same spot.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 273 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1314 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1316 views
Dr. Michel Murr