MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

mspride11
on 6/4/12 5:20 am
What are the requirements to get approved. Im moving from KY and already went throgh the process here but I have to move before my surgery. I had to do 6 months weight management documentation from my doctor and a behavioral health form. So can someone tell me what the requirements are. Also I currently have KY medicaid and Im hoping I can comtinue to get it in Florida.

Lisa29
on 10/24/12 11:57 pm
Hi my name is Lisa and I live in Cape Coral, FL. I have Medicaid - Share of Cost and I would like to find a Dr. within 50 miles that accepts Medicaid. I currently weigh 271 lbs. and I am only 5' 3". The issue with me is that since I have Medicaid share of cost I don't really go to the doctor too often and I don't know exactly what steps I have to take to be approved for either a Lap Band Surgery or Gastric Bypass. Could someone that lives near SW FL please advise. Thanks.
natasha75
on 2/22/13 1:23 pm

Hi Lisa. I am in Naples. I have Integral, Medicaid. Had you found anyone yet to help in this area? Any advise on what I should be doing to get approved ?

Good luck to you.

Thank You. Natasha

JenniferFisher85
on 11/15/12 6:28 am - Barefoot Bay, FL

Hello everyone! I am looking into having the gastric bypass done but I am having a difficult time finding a surgeon that will take the Medicaid Share of Cost in my area. I have been calling the Medicaid Help Line for days now and I can't get through to anyone. I really don't want to travel to Miami or Tampa, so I am looking in the Central Florida Area. Preferably Orlando. Is there anyone that can assist me with where to get started? Thank you so much!

misspeachpie
on 1/2/13 1:00 am - FL

Salvador Ramos is out of Ocala Fl. I have Medicaid Share of Cost as well. His office staff is amazing. 352-505-3313.

Bella2013
on 1/7/13 7:26 am - Wesley Chapel, FL

Is he a PCP or a surgeon?

ab1986
on 12/28/12 6:35 am - Orlando , FL

Dr. Salvador Ramos in Ocala Fl takes Medicaid and Medicare. Their office is amazing and he is the head of bariatrics at Ocala regional health center.

cfssbariatrics,com

352-433-2883

3233 SW 33RD RD Suite 202

Ocala Florida 34474

Shortcop184
on 12/28/12 7:26 am - Ocala, FL

Does anybody know if Blue Cross & Blue Shield pays for any Gastric ByPass ??? 

Thanks 

Shortcop184

JamieS327
on 12/31/12 4:33 am - port saint lucie , FL

Hi my name is Jamie

I live in Port Saint Lucie FL and i have Sunshine state insurance. Just wondering which doctors take this type of med insurance? Dr Shillingford seems to be close to me but not sure if he takes sunshine state. Please any help on this would be great.  What is the process to get it started with sunshine state. i weight 288 bmi of 47.5 and i have infertility but no other health issues otherthan sleep issues and back pain.  wondering if i would even be approved for surgery. thanks

Sunflower1876
on 1/1/13 7:19 am
I live in Melbourne Fl ( Brevard County) and have Amerigroup Medicaid. I was wondering if anyone has found anyone who takes this type of Medicaid, I don't mind traveling within the state of Fl.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 281 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1324 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1331 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1469 views