MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

evangelist
on 4/29/15 2:38 pm - orlando, FL

Hi Natasha I am going through Dr. Brett Cohen in Ft. Lauderdale Florida 954-276-8559 ask for Armond Benton. You do have to meet the $700 share of cost before you have surgery and after that it's like you have straight Medicaid. I have an apt in May to meet the surgeon and the nutritionist. I've done everything else and I live in Orlando

tjjourney1
on 1/2/16 3:19 am

Hi, I live right outside of Orlando... So happy to find someone near with detailed info. :-) I also have Medicaid Share of Cost and was searching for a surgeon who would accept it. If you have went already, do you mind sharing the requirements and approval procedure. Thanks!

Lindsayg
on 1/7/16 6:57 pm - Kissimmee , FL

Have you had any luck finding one I live in Kissimmee and also looking for a surgeon that accepts share cost . 

tjjourney1
on 1/2/16 3:27 am

Hi! ....you and I both actualky have the same question and Medicaid Share of Cost...So do you mind sharing your findings of Surgeon who accept share of cost please, as well as the approval process. I will be doing a little research as well now that I see there is a possibility that share of cost is accepted. I was stressing on how to go about appealing share of cost, in efforts to get full medicaid... but it is comfort in knowing share of cost may be accepted as well. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mamirican28
on 5/7/15 6:39 pm

Tampa Bariatric Center at Tampa Bariatric Hospital

1 Tampa General Cir
Tampa, FL
(813) 844-7000

Dr. Michel Murr

Dr. John Paul Gonzalvo

You are not fat. You HAVE fat. "FAT" does NOT define you.

mariapizarro8
on 6/28/15 11:56 am

I am having surgery with Dr.Murr in August.Very nice staff and the surgeon is very well recognized.Also had the pleasure of meeting Dr Go salvo he did my endoscopy.

mrsneale
on 5/31/15 11:59 pm

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new on here...I have a PPO Insurance through my Job. They sent the Pre- Approval request to the Insurance.  I was sad because they said the terms changed Jan 2015 & they now require a 6month total with the Nutristonist. I will have all 6visits with the Nutristonist on June 14. I called Dr Gonzalez assistant and she told me the Dr doesn't accept Medicaid Share of Cost.  Does anybody know of any Bariatric Dr that accepts Share of Cost? It sounds like I'm going to need a new Dr...Has anybody experience this? I appreciate all of you.

Love Always, 

Mrs Lenny

Kdiva
on 6/2/15 5:53 am - Margate, FL

Where are you located? 

DS: 5/28/14

HW: 310

SW: 302

CW: 160 ( 1 year post-op) 160 lbs gone

Josejam25
on 12/25/22 4:38 pm - Hialeah, Fl

Looking for surgeon that approves medicare and medicaid in Hialeah, Florida thank you.

Steph1499
on 1/27/11 9:39 am - FL
I am going to see doctor Sosa over in miami on the 17th. Anyone use him and after you go to the consult does it take to get medicad and the date to have gastric bypass.  My husband and I are both doing it.  I really wanna know a time frame. lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 285 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1328 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1332 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1472 views