VGS Cash Pay
Loosinw8 · 0 replies · 137 views
New Member - Lots of Questions
Mrs_JMC · 5 replies · 214 views
Most Active
HeidiA · 0 replies · 16 views

on 10/6/13 5:31 am - Fort Pierce, FL

dr kevin hoddinott ocala fl does expects medicaid medipass

No one can go and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending" *AhNusparkle*

Ds surgery Date: 2/5/2014

Hw. 379+ Sw. 370.6  Cw. 221.6 Gw. 200-190

on 10/10/13 4:54 am

Are there any doctors in Northwest Florida that accept Medicaid Medipass?

on 10/10/13 4:57 am

does he do the gastric sleeve?

on 9/28/14 1:23 pm - largo, FL

a yr wait??? that sucks, I was told only 3 months....I have it because I have that HMO (staywell)??? I need this done asap b4 they take my medicaid away. do i need to change my HMO? im also in clearwater

on 1/16/15 2:07 pm

I have staywell and they require 6 months not a year. The closest place to you which is the doctor I will be going to is Tampa Bariatric Center at the Tampa General Hospital. Dr. Murr. Your first step will be the orientation which is a requirement. They will tell u EVERYTHING u will need at the orientation. Schedule that ASAP. The faster u do the faster u will get ur surgery. Good luck

on 7/14/08 8:55 am - Silver Springs, FL

Shands at UF does take medicaid because that is who I am  going through for my surgery. They have an intake seminar every 2nd and 4th tuesday night from 6 to 7 pm in room 1210 (by the cafeteria) it is free and it is mandatory for anyone who is interested in how the process works. the phone number is (352)265-0535 and the Lady that does the scheduling's name is Amelia. any other help I can be just email me with any questions and if I don't know the answer , I'll try to find it out for you! Lynikins

on 7/29/08 7:24 am - lilburn, GA
i am about to move to olando and i was wondering is there any bariatric surgeons there that accept medicaid amerigroup
on 8/9/08 2:48 am - Gainesville, GA
Once u move to FL. u will have to get on their medicaid  program which will be different from GA. (MediCARE is federal, MediCAID is state)  Ga has 3 HMO's (u have the Amerigroup one) for medicaid & also ssi medicaid -each covers different things; so u first need to get enrolled in wutever Fl offers then find who takes what.  However, as long as ur in GA and have Amerigroup, u can call them and ask for a case manager assignment; the CM can assess ur medical needs on a personal basis and MAYBE assist u  with getting the surgery.  I worked for GA medicaid before the HMO split and I don't know if/how it's covered.  I did have Amerigroup and my casemanager was able to help me with the process to get some procedures and treatments I needed for my back injury...hope this helps. 
on 9/17/08 2:33 am - kissimmee, FL
Hi sweetie, I was wondering if you found anyone. I have amerigroup and live in kissimmee and am looking for someone in this area kissimmee/orlando ect...Did you get any help yet? If you have any information you can share I would be very greatful...thanks
on 8/24/08 2:53 am - Ocala, FL
I live in Ocala and recently got Medicare.  This leaves you between a rock and hard place to find DR.  There is one that I will be going thru that is :

Dr Wm Todd Overcash MD
Florida Bariatric Center
150 SE 17th St  suite 603
Ocala, FL
352-368-2828    fax 352-368-7670

web site:

As the nurse explained with Medicare you have to be approved as a Center of Excellence Member,  Which I do not see Dr Shewami as one yet.  The same is for Dr Hoddinott which is now with Dr Overcash.

I do not have my date of surgery yet, but hoping to be within a month.