MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

panda2381
on 8/24/08 2:53 am - Ocala, FL
I live in Ocala and recently got Medicare.  This leaves you between a rock and hard place to find DR.  There is one that I will be going thru that is :

Dr Wm Todd Overcash MD
Florida Bariatric Center
150 SE 17th St  suite 603
Ocala, FL
352-368-2828    fax 352-368-7670

web site:  FloridaBariatricCenter.com

As the nurse explained with Medicare you have to be approved as a Center of Excellence Member,  Which I do not see Dr Shewami as one yet.  The same is for Dr Hoddinott which is now with Dr Overcash.

I do not have my date of surgery yet, but hoping to be within a month.

TRACBEAGLE
on 12/8/08 2:06 am - OXFORD, FL
The practice has to be a center of excellence.  Since Dr Overcash is on a leave of absence from MRMC, does that mean they have lost their center of excellence?  Dr Jawad and ORMC is center of excellences, which means Dr Shebani falls under their center of excellences.
kn29
on 9/14/08 2:37 am - Naples, FL

Hello Everyone! I'm 10 weeks post op. I live in Naples,FL. I have Florida Medicaid/Medipass and My Surgeon is in Hialeah,FL Dr. Eric Valladares,M.D. # 305-558-0411 He accepted my Medicaid for the Gastric By pass I just had. I would recommend him to anyone. He is straight to the point and very informative. I think he is a wonderful Surgeon.He did my Surgery at Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah,FL. I was treated Sooooo GOOD there. Good luck to everyone.

bkg 5kn29 **I want to be free from this body I'm trapped in!     

picture 

varelagirl
on 10/16/09 12:21 pm - Miami, FL
Hello there... would you be so kind as to tell me if you had a hardtime getting approved w/ medipass? I have dr. jorge sosa in hialeah as well, operates in palmetto as well...what did medipass require??? Im dieing to know here...LOL

lourmis
on 3/12/10 12:39 am - Miami, FL
hello im lormis and i live in liitle havana i just found out that there is a surgeon in palmetto hospital named eric valladares and he takes medicaid/medipass his number is (305) 558-0411 call the hospital attend the seminar then call the surgeon and they will guide you through the rest to uptain  the right procedure  for your surgery
lourmis
on 3/12/10 12:33 am - Miami, FL
hello thank you for verifing that my decision was the same and the best one i just called the surgeon and  made my appointment for the seminar its on the 18th of march and then we'll see what happens from there............thank you so so much for that info .............may god bless you in so may ways you have given hope to another person and their life you to shall be blessedxoxoxoxox
chella79
on 9/16/08 5:04 am - kissimmee, FL
I have amerigroup/medicaid and I was wondering if anyone knew any surgeons in florida who take this (I live in the kissimmee/orlando area) any help would be appreciated thanks
(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 9:28 am - Daytona Beach, FL
I have amerigroup/ medicaid too I am from Daytona Beach FL 3 hours driving over Tampa. I contacted the Univerisity of South Florida (Tampa General Hospital), and was told that Dr. Murr accepts Amerigroup, Heath Ease and Stay Well Medicaid plans. His contact info; Bariatric coordinator Susan Orellana (813)844-7473 [email protected]
Margaret Smith
on 9/21/13 6:28 am - Lake Wales, FL

We see dr murr for hby in tampa and they got him approved on medicare in less then 2 wks.

Margaret-fl

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 4:32 am - Lutz, FL
What hoops do you have to jump through with Medicaid?  I have it but I didn't think they would cover so I was looking into getting my own private insurance.  Would I just go to one of these Drs and they handle the rest?  Please let me know!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 281 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1324 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1331 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1469 views