Advice: Anyone else have this problem?

Marcie_D
on 10/30/04 12:31 pm - Tampa, FL
I am to the point that the incision pain is minimal. Uncomfortable, yes, but very tolerable. The real problem I am having is my stomach. I cannot handle eating anything unless I have pain meds in me. My stomach gets gassy very easily, so introducing liquids or anything else only makes the bloat worse and really starts to ache. Not only that, I still don't have an appetite (or at least hardly at all). I am trying to make protein my #1 priority, so if it means taking all day to get a protein shake down, I will do it. Unfortunately it didn't happen today. Has anyone gone through this before?
SimplyRedHead
on 10/30/04 4:33 pm - Longwood, FL
Marcie, What does your surgeon think? I didnt have an appetite at 3 weeks out, still dont many days, but we have to eat to get our proper nutrition. Maybe you should try Gas-X (with your surgeon's approval). I hope you feel better soon and call your surgeon if you havent yet. Amy
Marcie_D
on 10/30/04 6:59 pm - Tampa, FL
I have a follow up on Wednesday luckily. I do take Gas-X and Phazyme and neither works well. Tylenol seems to help a bit though. Hopefully they don't think I am crazy and have a good answer for me. I try like hell to get food in me because of the need for nutrition, so believe me, that's at the forefront of my mind.
SimplyRedHead
on 10/30/04 7:10 pm - Longwood, FL
You must be terribly frustrated, I hope they can give you some answers when you go in for your appt. Good luck
BRIAN B.
on 10/30/04 10:23 pm - ESTERO, FL
I ma about 2 1/2 months out. I still have to remind myself to eat and drink. I still go most days without getting hungry. A lot of days I still do have eating problems. Some days I can eat dairy others it comes right back up. I still cannot complain. I have lost 63 pounds and have not had any insulin in over 3 weeks. I used to have to take 300-400 units a day. I look at these problems as minor pains but the outcome is well worth it. Hang in there life only gets better.
Marla S.
on 10/30/04 11:34 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
I still have days when two bites or 2 sips of protein is too much. I get bloated, a knot in the chest and just do not feel well. At that point, I go back to jus****er. Jose told me as long as I could swallow my saliva, the pouch was OK. Through the weeks, I have found some things that trigger the pain and just do not eat or drink those. When you go in for your checkup, I am sure you will get helpful information.
kgrincewich
on 10/31/04 3:59 am - Zephyrhills, FL
Marcie, I've only had real bad gas problems twice. Once in the hospital at 3 days P-O and the second time when I started my period. Dr. Nelson told me to take Mylanta and double my water intake when I get gas. As far as no appetite, I am going on 13 weeks out. And I hardly ever have an appetite. I mean there are days that I am doing stuff around the house and I'll glance at the clock. The I realized it's 2pm and I hadn't eaten all day. And then there are days I am perfect with my eating schedule, however one or two bites fill me completely up. Make sure you make a list of questions for Jose and take them with you to your appointment on Wednesdat. That's what I did and he took the time to answer every last one and went into great detail with the answers. Take Care, Karee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 284 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1327 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1332 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1472 views