What to do when you have the flu...

Kristen H.
on 12/25/04 3:26 am - Orlando, FL
I came down with bronchitis on 7 December. Went to urgent care on 10 December. They prescribed liquid Amoxicillin - I haven't had that since I was 10 years old! Anyway, a week later I was rapidly progressing into pneumonia. So they put me on liquid Biaxin, which caused horrible gas, pain, and incessant diahrrea. The next day I was squeezed into my primary doc's schedule. She was appalled! She asked if the urgent care docs knew about my WLS (they did). She was sooo angry! She asked if she could give me an antibiotic shot and spare my poor pouch of any more agony. YES!! One shot on Monday, second shot on Tuesday. So, hopefully you all won't get sick this season. But if you do - there is an antibiotic shot available!! I had no idea. Kristen
Redhaired
on 12/25/04 3:53 am - Mouseville, FL
That is good to know. Thanks for the tip. Years ago I needed an antibiotic shot and I had to go the pharmacy --get the shot -- and then take it to my Doc to administer.
Mirabelle
on 12/25/04 11:21 am
Kristen I hope you are feeling better and thanks for the reminder of antibiotic shots. I knew about it but haven't thought about it for years.
Marcie_D
on 12/25/04 12:14 pm - Tampa, FL
I had to take Tequin initially when I had pneumonia. It also caused problems with my stomach. Of course I was later admitted to the hospital for 3 weeks because the Tequin obviously didn't work. One bit of advice for you though, after you are done with the antibiotics, get yourself some good Acidophilus and take it for a week or two to get that good bacteria back into your GI tract. My nutritionist had me go on it after the pneumonia and it has totally gotten my digestive system back into shape. I highly recommend PB8. Not sure if that is a brand or just a certain type of pill, but either way, it was good stuff. Hope you are doing better!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 274 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1314 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1316 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1460 views