wellness assessment tomorrow! !!!!

beachtreat77
on 5/20/14 11:52 am - weeki wachee, FL
RNY on 11/19/14

8am tomorrow

I am so excited and nervous beyond belief! I know , i know ....it's just to meet the doc, psychiatrist, dietitian, exercise info. ..... AND TO GET CLEARED FOR SURGERY WITH THEM! !!!! And if they want me to have any other tests done . Just one step closer! If nothing else when I finish my diet classes I will hopefully be able to get the bypass done in October . Everything is In  house at Tampa General which makes it nice! Boy I sure hope I can sleep tonight, at this point I don't see that happening! !!! :):):/ :/

Edi P.
on 6/3/14 10:47 am - Zellwood, FL

Best wishes to you!  I hope you've received good news!  

Highest:  349
Lowest:  175
Surgeon's Goal:  189
My Goal:  A healtier happier me!! 

2014 update...regained but haven't lost faith.

Catalina87
on 8/16/14 3:40 am - Clearwater, FL

Very excited for you! I'm also going to Tampa general hospital with Dr. Murr although i'm still in the very beginning of the process just last week I went in for the information session, next week is my first appointment for my supervised diet which i have to do for 6 months as my insurance requires that (medicaid). When i'm in month 3 or 4 of my supervised diet I too will be scheduling my wellness assessment. I also was very pleased to find out that everything could be done in house which makes the process alot easier and quicker "I hope". Because I have medicaid I just hope I do get approved for my surgery. Best wishes to you hopefully we can keep in contact 

beachtreat77
on 8/16/14 1:23 pm - weeki wachee, FL
RNY on 11/19/14

Sounds great! You'll do fine! I have share of cost medicaid as well. They were saying the main thing is your paper work in order. I really like every one there. We'll definitely have to keep in touch! Are you from there or do you travel? Congratulations on making this step ! I'll be praying for you and hope all goes were!

Catalina87
on 8/16/14 3:54 pm - Clearwater, FL

I am actually from the area I live in clearwater 30 mins away from the hospital....How did your wellness assessment go if you don't mind me asking, was there a lot of test you needed to do? Because I did hear that that's also a long process. Im so confused about all the requirements medicaid needs to approve you for the surgery every time I call them I get different answers its so frustrating. Have you gotten the approval from the insurance yet? Sorry for all the questions I feel so confused Im just hoping I could get as much info from people that have gone through what im about to go through so I can jump through all the hoops....         Thank You in advance hopefully we can chitchat

beachtreat77
on 8/17/14 2:56 am - weeki wachee, FL
RNY on 11/19/14

Well I was honest in every way and the psychological part I had to meet with her two more times to feet cleared from her. We had to work on some issues with my anxiety and other things which is exactly what we need ! At least me any way:) then I had to see the dietitian personally which helps too. I had to get an EKG, birth control and high cholesterol, thyroid, pretty much any thing from your blood work that needs to be addressed then she clear you. Very rare for someone to get cleared the first time. But we need this and we got the time...6months. I look at it as why not learn as much as I can while I have them available. This is a life long ordeal and I didn't want to go in to this with out being armed to fight all the temptations and battles I'll have in front of me. No turning back !!! :))) my advise is be as honest as possible to work on anything that has caused you to give in before.  :)

L

Catalina87
on 8/17/14 11:47 am - Clearwater, FL

Thank you so much for the advise, I appreciate the help Im very excited to be going through this journey

beachtreat77
on 8/16/14 1:24 pm - weeki wachee, FL
RNY on 11/19/14

Well

beachtreat77
on 8/17/14 1:18 pm - weeki wachee, FL
RNY on 11/19/14

I totally understand that!!! I feel so blessed to be able to have this opportunity, its unreal!!! I know its not a ketch all, or "the miracle fix" that it's just a tool that aids us in this journey, but I can't help to feel blessed, grateful, humbled, so thankful!!!!

It will def be an eye opener on the things that brought us to where we are and that's what their there for is to get you ready , make sure you are ready and to teach you how to live after surgery for life. You'll do great I'm sure and the team is great to work with I really enjoy them!!! 

I have the surgical consult on October 14th then I'll have the egd soon after. I'm looking forward to meeting Dr Gonzalvo. Have you thought about what surgery your having? I'm rny 

Catalina87
on 8/17/14 3:54 pm - Clearwater, FL

Im also going for rny, I think that's what is going to work for me the best, Im not really sure who will be my surgeon if Dr. Murr or Dr. Gonzalvo do you get to choose or is one just assigned to you? You are so close to having your surgery!!! Im so scared about 2 things first is getting the EGD and second is being put under general anesthesia for surgery I have never been put under. I have had 2 surgeries but they were c-sections and I was awake for both so they dont count. Keep me posted please on your journey Im so excited for you!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 281 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1324 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1331 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1469 views