New Member - Lots of Questions

Mrs_JMC
on 8/12/15 5:39 am - estero, FL

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and am looking for help as to WLS.I am located in Fort Myers, Florida and am attempting to research as much as I can about WLS prior to continuing to fully committing to WLS. I have a few questions and would appreciate all the help. If these questions have been asked in a previous post, I apologize for the duplicate posts.

• I have found that there are two doctors in Fort Myers, Florida who perform the Vertical Sleeve Gastrostomy and I was wondering if anyone can provide me with information as to your experience with them. Those doctors are Dr. Moses Shieh and Dr. Thomas Bass.
  • I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and am currently NOT on medication. For those that have had the WLS and have hypothyroidism, has it been difficult to lose weight after the surgery? What has been your experience?
  • I was also diagnosed with PCOS and am currently prescribed Metformin to reduce the high levels of testosterone. For those that have had WLS and have PCOS, what has your experience been?
  • Pregnancy after WLS, how long did you wait and any complications with the pregnancy due to the WLS?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and respond to the post.

lynnc99
on 10/27/15 7:02 am

I'll jump in although I don't have specific answers for you....we're almost neighbors! I'm down the road in Naples.

I had my surgery in another state but have heard wonderful things about Dr. Bass and have a close friend who had VSG with him.

As for your medical questions, you might want to post those in the VSG forum or even the General Discussion forum where there is more traffic.

Best of luck to you! My WLS was 6 years ago and one of the best decisions of my life!

Mrs_JMC
on 11/7/15 8:20 am - estero, FL

Thanks so much! 

blessedangel005
on 10/31/15 6:44 am

Hi,

I don't have any advice on your concerns,but I wish you the best.

Of course there are folks on here that can give you some advice.

Good luck :)

Mrs_JMC
on 11/7/15 8:21 am - estero, FL

Thanks so much :) 

Amanda C.
on 11/23/15 9:03 pm - Arcadia, FL
VSG on 05/06/15

Hello from Arcadia. I had the sleeve done in Sebring, but my hubbys cousin had his done by Bass, If I didn't like my Dr. when I started I would have gone to him as well.

good luck ?

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/16 9:49 pm

We are mirror images of each other. I also would like answers to these questions!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 274 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1314 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1316 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1460 views