OT: My Childs Diagnoses

Melissa F.
on 9/26/06 11:52 am - newnan, GA
As some of you know our daughter has ADHD (diagnosed at age 5, now 7) and that we have been having problems with her, causing fits/rages, throwing things etc. Well today we went to this WONDERFUL Dr. Kittrell that MILES recommend and found out not only does she have ADHD, she also has O.D.D (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) and Intermittent explosive disorder. He says that the main concern we need to look at now is the IED(Intermittent explosive disorder, there's meds given for that) as it's called. We are going back for our next session on Oct. 9th (hubby and I ) to behavior managment sessions to learn what stratagies we can use to help this and also to help all of us to deal with it better. THANK YOU SO MUCH MILES!! Here comes the road to the light at the end of the tunnel Melissa
Susan Bertrand
on 9/26/06 1:26 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Melissa, Glad you have finally gottena diagnosis. However, I am sorry for you that you have the diagnoses you got. As you know, I am dealing with the ADHD, IED, and Bi-Polar Disorder with my 9 yr old son as well. Please take advantage of all and every bit of help you can recieve. It is a hard road to travel, but know that you are not alone in this endeavor that we have been dealt. I'm right there with ya.... Hugs, Susan
Melissa F.
on 9/26/06 6:12 pm - newnan, GA
Thank You Susan, I didn't know your son had/has IED, although up until yesterday I had never heard of it, I'm glad I'm not in it alone and there is someone out there that knows what I'm going through. What type of med. is your son on for IED, as I have got to get in touch with presleighs Ped. Dr. to get her on something for it, but it also has to be "heart" friendly as she had that ASD (atriel septal defect) back in 2004. My husband actually had to the guts last night to say "Well do you think it's from those antidepressents you took all those years, before you had her, kinda like a crack baby being born addicted to crack" I told him in NO way could he even put it in a catergory like that mustless it be true as it's not been proven. I just kinda got the feeling that he was trying to "blame" me for what she has. The Dr. says genetics play big role it it all, so whose to say it didn't come from his side, that really pissed me off. Thanks for understanding Melissa
Most Active