new to board

akonismama
on 5/20/10 5:05 pm - Kurtistown, HI
Aloha everyone, I had my  consult on April 28, Dr. submitted in approval on May 3, sad to say HMSA denied coverage.... At the time my BMI was 38.1, My conditions are Diabetes type 2, hypertension and a few other conditions. HMSA still denied me stating that my daibetes in not severe enough to be considered a high risk co-morbity by their standards.. I am so fustrated!!!! I am planning to appeal the decision and was wondering if anyone out there has had similar problems and what happened.... Any help would be greatly appreciated....
HIgurl
on 5/24/10 9:15 am
welcome to the board...sorry that u r goin thru this. im not sure about the appeal process..sorry. i hope that you will be able to get the surgery soon. good luck
akonismama
on 5/24/10 9:45 am - Kurtistown, HI
Thank you, I intend to appeal HMSA's denial.. My PCP feels that I am a good candidate for the procedure,  but by HMSA's standards I did not qualify.  I have done alot of research on this type of procedures and feel that it would help me...I just gotta keep fighting til I get it...If you dont mind me asking... what type of surgery did you have and what was your experience like? Once again Thank you for responding any help is greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has had to deal with an appeal with HMSA , I would appreciate any reponse on how the appeal process went . Mahalo!!!
Most Active