Queens Comprehensive Weight Management

aloharada
on 1/29/13 11:19 am - HI

Aloha,

Anyone on here a Queens patient either pre-op or post-op?  I would really like to hear some of your experiences and the processing you went through.  I live on the big island and I am hoping that all of my pre-op visits can be done here on my island.  Any advice or info would be nice!

Mahalo

mamacita808
on 2/10/13 8:48 am - HI

Hi! I am in the VERY beginning stages. My insurance is only now accepting this surgery and I'm waiting for them to finalize some paperwork is what I am told. I was on the waiting list at another hospital here and took my name off cause the informative meeting was 5 min with the DR and I was out the door. With Queen's It was a 2 hour meeting and there were patients who already had the surgery that walked in the room towards the ending of the meeting. The doctors where VERY detailed even going as far as explaining what is generally covered by insurance and what not (out of pocket expenses). We met the entire team. I plan to attend there next meeting and bring my husband and son this time. The 1st meeting I went by myself and thought I was going to waste my time. I walked out of there wanting to have surgery and all the stereo-types or negative things I thought prior were gone. Once my insurance gives me the green light I will start the process. I think if you can come here on Oahu it will be worth it. Just my opinion. kiss - Tee

mamacita808
on 2/10/13 3:02 pm - HI
aloharada
on 2/11/13 4:58 am - HI

Thanks for your reply. I found out the the pre-op class is only held on Oahu...so looks like i'lkl be flying to Oahu a couple of times instead of just once like I had originally thought. Oh well. :)

Most Active