Hello Iowa!

tscasto
on 3/14/12 11:04 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
I've been on this site for most of the month & just found the Iowa forum...LOL! I'm not the best with type of stuff. I live in Urbandale & am having VSG 3/22/12 w/ Dr. Lamasters. I was wondering a couple of things.... 1st who else out there will be having their surgery about same time & who out there live near Urbandale? Are there support groups outside of the hospital around here? I'm looking to build friendships with support.
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/12 11:32 am
Hi!!
I live in Marshalltown and am at the 12 out mark.  I had my surgery at Mayo Clinic.
Luckily I have a friend who also went through the process before I did so I have her,  I haven't heard of any other groups outside of hosptial.
brendalee253
on 3/27/12 12:57 am - IA
Hello, I am in Iowa City, so glad to see some Iowa people.
carolia
on 4/18/12 9:21 am - IA
We've all been here it's just that some of us don't post much.  I am glad to see there are some locals on here again.

Tell us about your journey so far.

Carol

tscasto
on 4/19/12 9:39 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
My journey is being recorded on my blogs, feel free to go take a look. I've had my ups & downs as I'm sure we all do.

I want to find other Iowans to connect with. I go to the Iowa Health support groups 1x per month but it doesn't seem like a setting to really connect with others on a personal level. I was hoping by posting here I could find some of you.
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
Kristin B.
on 9/23/12 5:33 am - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
sorry- just found you- I am not on the boards very often anymore- but feel free to ask me anything- I try to be as honest as possible
Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
Most Active
Recent Topics