almost 2 weeks out

ashleywillbethin
on 6/27/10 4:35 pm
 I have currently lost 21lbs woohoo!!!!!!!  I am barely getting my fluids in and protein is a joke at this time... maybe getting half that I need.  I have found that I love hot teas right now and very luke warm water.  I got the first case of foamies today.   I had just gotten put of the pool and wanted a drink and forgot to sip and took 3 really big drinks and with in 3 minutes I was foaming ou****er.  over quickly and no pain involved but I will try and never do that again.   I got clearance on Friday to go back to water aerobics and so I am staring again tomorrow... I am going to take it easy and avoid some of the core work cause I still feel at times if I bend or twist wrong I might rip open.   

I have to say that  when I weigh myself I still think the scale is lying.   I feel this way cause I can't see any difference yet.    i know that I didn't notice the difference when I gained 20  in a year either but I am ready for someone to notice.  I know it is a little crazy but I want to walk into a room of my friends and (99% don't know I had surgery)    them say wow you look good.    I have been walking a ton.   Since it has been warm I have been hitting every store in town and shopping my little heart out.    I am glad that I get to go back to water aerobics cause man If I had a few more weeks of just walking I would be broke and begging for money!!!!!     I am almost done birthday shopping for my first born and have half of the school clothes bought for next year.    

I hope that due to such a quick weight loss the first 2 weeks I don't plateau anytime soon.    My daughters 6th birthday is a pool party and as much as I know the part is about her I want some eyes to be on me too!!!! ;)   well chatted all your ears off so I am going to end here.... I will update again soon

Ashley

IdahoKristina
on 6/30/10 1:08 am
Congrats on your surgery and your weight loss!  21 pounds in 2 weeks is awesome!  You won't believe how fast it comes off in the first couple of months.  You'll be down a quite a few sizes before you know it. 
You're right to be expecting a plateau.  It'll happen.  It happens to all of us, but then all of sudden the scale will move again.  It's nothing to worry about.  I've plateaued at least a half a dozen times. 
Try hard not to go too nuts buying clothes and shoes because you will drop the weight so fast you will only be able to wear your new stuff a couple of times and then it'll be too big.  But I totally understand the excitement to buy new stuff for the new you.  I did it too. I can't believe how much I like clothes shopping again.
Since you mentioned that you weren't getting in your protein I thought I'd share my little secret.  When I was first out I noticed that I could drink quite a bit of fluids, but when I tried to drink a protein "shake" (thick blended with Ice) I would get full really quickly and couldn't get all my protein in.  So I decided to switch to the Nectar protein and to really dilute it out (so it was about the consistency of orange juice) and drink it that way and I was able to get a lot more protein in.  I use 2 scoops of Nectar Caribbean Cooler (46 grams, 180 calories, 0 carbs) in 32 ounces of water, and I add in 2 small packets of crystal light or walmart's great value brand sunrise orange drink mix.  I love it!
Well, better go.  Hope everything continues to go wonderfully for you and you have no complications.  Take Care.
Never trade what you want most for what you want at the moment

Most Active