Slippage Surg Cost !!!

ISOChicagoDoc
on 7/13/06 5:39 am - Lisle, Il
Lap-band surgery 2 yrs ago & barium-swallow x-ray showed def. slippage. My doc says this will cost (insur won't pay) over $10,000. Does anyone know of good baria. surg in Illinois that won't charge so much? THANK-YOU for any info. Cheryl [email protected]
amijewelry
on 7/13/06 1:37 pm - melrose park, IL
CAN U TELL ME WHAT SLIPPAGE MEANS? I AM LOOKING AT GETTING LAP BAND? WAS IT A GOOD SURGERY AS FAR AS WEIGHT LOSS AND DID YOU HAVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS? CAN U ANSWER AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS SO I DONT LOOSE WHERE I AM ON THE PAGE I AM NEW [email protected] THANKS ANNA
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/06 4:27 am - Springfield, IL
Revision on 03/04/13
Slippage means the band has slipped out of place. Usually they can fix this by just going in for an unfil. I had the band done Sept. 26 and ive lost around 55 pounds so far. The band is a lot slower process than the gastric but in the end it has the same results. The band is also reversiable and you dont see as many complications. Try going to the lap-band forum. They are very helpful there.
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/06 4:25 am - Springfield, IL
Revision on 03/04/13
A lot of times for a band that has slipped they just unfill the band and see if it will go back to the original position. They cant do that? I dont understand why it would cost that much to go in and fix the problem. Do they want to replace the whole thing?
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5407 views