MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:10 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

Ronna
on 11/29/07 8:43 am - Hoffman Estates, IL
I used Medicare to pay for my RNY.  The Kane Group in NW Suburban Chicago is where I went.  Dr. Paul Guske was my surgeon. I don't believe they accept medicade though.  But Medicare is a go.
Regards and hugs,

Ronna
Member Services
on 11/29/07 8:45 am - Irvine, CA
Thanks Ronna for that information.  This will be of great help to others in IL. Take care, ObesityHelp

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/07 11:25 pm, edited 11/29/07 11:26 pm - Effingham, IL
Hi.I just completed my clearance tests.Had some transportation problems or I would have had them done a month ago.Here is the info on my surgeon: I had my consult with her Oct 5th & havn`t been able to get anyone from the office to answer my 6 phone calls since then.But as of my consult she and the hospital does accept medicaid,and she told me that medicaid would pay for everything. Whether any of this has changed since then I don`t know as I said they aren`t returning my calls.You will just have to call & check.                                                                        

Dr.Subhashini Ayloo(female)  University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago                               1801 West Taylor St.Outpatient Care Center Suite 3-f,3rd floor Chicago IL 60612                                                                     (312)355-1578 Dr.Ayloo schedules office appts.on thur & fri  Info meetings are every other monday//5pm  Hope this helps KimberlyB

autismmom
on 12/6/07 2:49 am - energy, IL
Dr. Vitello at  the University of chicago also accepts them. 312-355-1493
sweetdream1
on 6/2/14 6:35 am

Does anyone know after the seminar, how long it take to have your surgery or start the process

P. Stewart
on 12/23/07 1:49 am, edited 12/23/07 1:51 am - chicago, IL

I live in chicago,IL and Dr. Carlos Galvani of UIC hospital accepts medicaid. Hope this information help someone.

(312) 355-4300 or (312) 355 -1493

mhaszler6
on 12/27/07 8:46 am - toluca, IL
I went with Peoria surgical group in peoria. They were very helpful and everything went smoothly getting my aproval. 1-309-495-0200 or www.peoriasurgicalgroup.com.  I hope this is helpful, good luck to all.
MomKelli
on 2/6/08 3:03 pm
Did the Peoria Group accept medicare and medicaid?  Could you tell me more about the medical care and bedside manner you received during your surgical process?  Did you have Lapband surgery and how has your recovery gone.  My daughter is in her young twenties and we hope she will be able to have this surgery soon.  thanks
Jazzy1
on 4/24/09 3:12 pm - Coal Valley, IL
I also have started at the Peoria Surgical group.  They take medicaid but not for the lap band and you have to be within a certain zip code for them to take you.  The University of Chicago Hospital takes medicaid but the last time I called in April I had been on the wait list for two years and they said I had around three to five more years to wait. Hope this helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1061 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5588 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5332 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5360 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5392 views