MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Laura B.
on 12/1/08 3:09 am - Lima, OH
Thank you for pointing that out. I was new to this website and didnt realize that I was on the illinois one. But your info was helpful. :(
Daves-an-RN
on 12/29/08 7:22 am - Sycamore, IL

UIC surgical center takes it.

I didn't have it, but I think Dr Vitello takes it.

The hospital runs like a machine. It is amazing. I could have 2-3 different appointments in a row and be done in 3 hours. It is a great hospital, and DrVitello is a great Surgeon and the Med Students are always on the floor for questions and help. It was really nice.

Just call UIC hospital and ask some questions and they will connect you to who you need to talk to.

Here is a link:
https://secure1.hospital.uic.edu/doctors/phyRs2.do?dname=&ge nder=&specialty=SURB&language=&insurance=&facility=&keyWords=

Start Wt.:485
Surgical Date: 12/10/08 Open RNY
Goal Wt: 275
Present Wt: 224 LBS!!!!!!!

Ya, thats right, Im UNDER MY GOAL BY 50LBS!!
WOO HOO!!!!!!!

mrsbeng13
on 1/6/09 10:19 am - IL
I called UIC today and verified that they do accept Medicaid for the Lap Band surgery. I will be attending their seminar 02/23/09 I believe. All of the ones for this month are booked.
mendylmoore
on 3/12/09 12:45 pm - dyer, IN
Hi  live in chicago and I have medcaide I have been reading all the entries and you are the most recent is there really a waiting list for the sugery at UIC? I heard a 7 year waiting list please let me know is that true and how long is the process?  
mrsbeng13
on 3/17/09 5:40 am - IL
I just had my consult yesterday and was informed that after my psychiatric evaluation and I take the nutrition classes they will send for approval. They advised that the process should take a few months.

mrsbeng13
on 3/17/09 5:41 am - IL
Medicaid will not cover the Lap Band at UIC but they will cover the RNY and Sleeve.
cheroity
on 4/6/09 1:13 am - granite city, IL
No I don't think there is a waiting list . I called in Jan and got right in .
Lori S.
on 1/6/09 11:41 am - Quincy, IL
The New Start Program out of St. Alexis hospital is a Center of Excellence therfore they accept Medicare as a primary and Medicaid as secondary insurance.

1-800-245-1431 They are located in the St. Louis, Missouri area, which is about 2 hours from where I am in Illinois.

They did say that they have a weight limit of 450 pounds because if you need a CAT scan during surgery...that is the limit of the CAT scan table.
supersizeddiva
on 1/28/09 5:41 am - Chicago, Il
University of Illinois on Taylor now accepts medicare ...
cheroity
on 2/5/09 10:27 am - granite city, IL

I know for sure that the UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS @ CHICAGO Dr.Vittello takes ILL medicaid . I had to come from the St.Louis metro area . I told them that when I called so the sat all my appointments for that same day ..

Dr.Vitello

University of Illinois at Chicago

312-996-9274

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call