Thursday Roll Call

ChristineB
on 10/1/14 10:12 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Happy almost the week-end!

@ work and am shuffling the papers.

Been in purge mode at home to get rid of the crap in the basement. We are organizing the things to keep and the things to donate or give away to family or friends. Also looking into selling my Amish oak table with 8 chairs.

What is happening in your corner of IL?

&

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Karen R.
on 10/2/14 12:38 am

Morning, I only have the bus to drive today. That's enough, I have a couple little boys that need super glued to their seat! In a few years though they will be the kids you don't know are on the bus! I was excited yesterday at my other job, the meals on wheels, I found out that 4 of my male clients were the gentlemen that did the 21 gun salute for my step dad when he passed away in 2007! This made me feel so awesome! I was able to tell them THANK YOU from my heart! Having Taps played and the 21 gun salute was the only request my dad had ever had as far as his funeral! Small world! I would have never thought I would ever see any of these men again! But in conversation I overheard, they were trying to remember my step dads name, when they mentioned the town he lived in and the details, I asked a couple questions and then the rest is history!

Christine, I so need to do some major purging. I have things so out of order from not being able to do as good of job in cleaning when I had trouble getting around. Now I am so blah lazy, it's takes me time to get motivated! 

Have a great day and hope the weater isn't as fierce as they are calling for!

Karen

carlak
on 10/2/14 4:00 am - Bradenton, FL

I am feeling way better today. I think im over the hump.

I changed my flight to the 11th as my daughter needs me to watch Vinnie.

There is a big family wedding on the 18th and lots to do. So someone needs to keep Vinnie in tow! So Grammy has the job!

Today is my husbands 69th birthday! Where did the time go? He driving me crazy!!!!!

Carla

image hosting site

berts4
on 10/2/14 7:10 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Chris and the rest of Illinois!

I am getting ready to go down and find some dinner.  Yesterday, I made a potato soup in the crock pot that turned out pretty well.  It started with that "Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup" recipe that is viral on Facebook, but I could not find the frozen potatoes, and since I had to dice my own potatoes, I embellished from there.  I used a small bag of yellow/gold potatoes, and chicken stock and about 1/3 lb. of chopped bacon.  I added some chopped celery, carrots and onion that I had in the freezer from my last soup making.  I added the can of cream of chicken soup that the original recipe called for.  Simmered on low about 6 hours.  Added the cubes of cream cheese (low fat) at the end and found that they did not melt and thicken the broth as easily as stated.  I also added about 1/4 cup of half and half.  The boys said it was good.

I made salmon patties to go with the soup along with a loaf of frozen bread dough that I found in the freezer.  My dinner was salmon patties and apple slices.  Yummy!  I also started some cookie dough since yesterday was "National Home Made Cookie Day".  They were supposed to chill overnight, so I will bake them tonight.  The family will test them out and if the recipe is good, I will send it to Liv.  We made a recipe for her graduation party that went over fantastically, but the cookies crumble too easily.  Hence, looking for a tweaked recipe.

Not a lot exciting here in the northwest corner of the state.  I am just waiting for this big storm that is supposed to be here, cancelling flights in Chicago.  Amber is traveling for work and is supposed to be back tomorrow, but if flights are cancelled, she may be delayed.

Liv is doing well, in her 6th week of college.  She is so busy getting her work done that I need to make a date with her for a phone call.

Everyone have a splendid day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

birder I.
on 10/2/14 8:09 am - Rockford, IL

Hi friends!

I took the afternoon off today and came home and took a nap! What a treat! We've been really busy but today was less scheduled with classes and meetings. Tomorrow some friends from Chicago are coming for lunch. We met them in ***** Cana and we haven't been able to get together sooner. Really looking forward to seeing them! 

We are planning the late fall schedule for the store. That takes more work than we imagined!

I hope you all her healthy and happy!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

snoopygirl1968
on 10/3/14 5:31 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

How much fort he table and chairs?

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views