Thursday Roll Call

ChristineB
on 10/29/14 7:46 pm, edited 10/30/14 12:02 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Almost time for the little ghosts and goblins to come around.

We get about 45 kids each year that come around with their parents. It is a lot of fun and almost like a block party. We might have more this year because the

T & T hours are extended until 8PM and it is a Friday.

Off to start my day after I read the paper on line.

What is happening in your little corner of Lincoln Land?

&

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

LisaTucker
on 10/29/14 9:23 pm - IL

Happy Thursday.

Streator's T &T hours are from 5 to 7. I remember as a child in St. Louis, and also in East St. Louis, we would start out at 5 or so, and then not get home until 9. All tired outl Of course, at that time. we didn't have to be concerned with drugs or bad people or ay of the many things that parents have to watch for today. If we are lucky, we will get 30 or so little ones. My parents used to get upwards of 400 kidlets every year.

No plans for today except cleaning and cooking. I may even not go out of the house. I need these days to recharge.

Have a spooky Halloween Eve.

Hugs.

Lisa

crystal M.
on 10/29/14 10:44 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I have a Halloween party tomorrow.  A friend has a home theater and shows old black and white horror movies and we eat popcorn and have fun.  That's it for Halloween for me.

Then Saturday Greg's sister is having a party at her place.  I guess they just play board games all night and have fun...so two parties in two nights.  Yep I'm a party animal.

They say this Halloween is the coldest since 1996 or something like that.  I think I remember that Halloween too.  Amanda was sick that Halloween on top of that.  So we made it quick that year.

Well I got to get to work.  See you all later.  Bye

berts4
on 10/29/14 11:05 pm - Rock City, IL

Good morning Christine and the rest of Illinois!

I had that job interview yesterday and I think it went well, but a bit lukewarm.  I sent my thank you email already this morning.  I turned it over before I even left the house yesterday, so it is in God's hands.  I am also applying for a dispatch position at the Freeport Police Dept.  Better money, closer to home and more of a help to the community.  I have a friend and neighbor who is a Sargent and he has kindly agreed to provide a reference.  It will all turn out as it should.

Today, I have some carpet shampooing to do.  This afternoon, I go to see my NP about some moles that do not look right.  I wanted to go directly to the dermatologist, but erroneously called her office first.  Now, I will go there, she will most likely send me to the dermatologist.  Oh well, I need to talk to her about my sleep patterns anyway.

I am going to a spiritual retreat at Stronghold Castle this weekend, so no trick or treaters for me.  I have always wanted to see this castle and now I get to stay there two nights!  I have never done anything like this and am looking forward to seeing what it is all about.  I have been told to bring a sleeping bag, pillow and warm clothes.  About 80 people will be there.

Things are good here, as I hope they are there, for you all.......

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views