Thursday Roll Call

ChristineB
on 12/10/14 7:18 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

The week-end is almost here, hang on everyone.

Off to get ready for work soon. I am just enjoying the rest of my B-fast. I bought an iron skillet at an antique mall while in IN with the help of my sister. She deals antiques and she told me how to dicker and I got it 10% off. The skillet is beautifully seasoned and nothing sticks in it. I had wanted one for years. Food cooks more evenly than other cooking utensils. Easy to care for also.

What is happening in your corner of IL?

&

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

carlak
on 12/10/14 9:45 pm - Bradenton, FL

Imhere in Chicago freezing!!!! I'm all in Grammy patrol!!! Vinnie giving me a run for my money!!!

We r having a cousins get together on Saturday night at Cason Ribs in Deerfield. I haven't seen a lot of them in years. It alsomy, 60 birthday. It will be fun.

Lots going g on here. Its sadly husband didn't want to ci e.

Carla

co

image hosting site

LisaTucker
on 12/10/14 10:47 pm - IL

Good Morning,

i have already been to the lab to have blood drawn, and home here to put some veggie soup in the crock pot for lunch. I will add some leftover beef later.

This has been a busy week for me. I had a Dr. visit on Monday, Tuesday Xrays and a choral concert in Bloomington, work and dinner out last night, and to day I had to go for blood tests.

I haven't gotten a call from the dr. yet, to tell me the results of the Xrays to my hip and knee. We shall see what it is.

I will be housecleaning today, and I want to start baking tomorrow. Other then that, all is well in Central Illinois.

Hugs,

Lisa

Elena Ramon
on 12/10/14 11:19 pm - Chicago, IL

Hello everyone and Good morning!

It's my first time for the daily roll call and I'm glad to have been invited, thank you ChristineB, for the invitation!

I work for non-profit organization and today we're having a Press Conference to announce a benefit concert we're going to be having on Saturday, and discussing how we can help the Honduran children in the country so that it helps prevent them from making the dangerous journey into the US; often alone and without resources, many die, and those that don't end up in detention centers of sorts while they figure out what to do with them. Well, it's too early in the morning to be dealing with newspaper, radio, and television editors, but alas, it is my job, and in the end it's for a great cause! On the plus side, I also got to meet the Cultural Ambassador of Honduras and will be getting to see him perform this Saturday!

Haven't had breakfast yet, mostly because I get disgusted with food in the morning, so that's something I'll have to overcome before I have the surgery; I know how you have to eat regularly and get an early start. Actually, does anyone else have that problem? I get nauseous at the sight of food and if I try to eat it makes me gag. Water and liquids are mostly ok and, usually, the feeling is gone after 2-3 hours.

ChristineB
on 12/11/14 12:38 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

I get sick to my stomach sometimes when I first get up. I was told by my doctor that it is because one has gone so long without food. Try having a healthy snack before you go to bed. It might help.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

berts4
on 12/11/14 12:58 am - Rock City, IL

My breakfast each day is a protein drink (usually hot in the winter) and my vitamins.  Boom,  done and don't have to think about solids.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 12/11/14 1:14 am - Joliet, IL

The only time I ever had trouble with breakfast was when I was pregnant and then forget it.  Any time before 10am I can forget about eating or I would be in the bathroom.  Now of course I like to eat in the morning.  I always eat fruit and nuts.  My basic morning meal.  

By the way...welcome to the board.  It's always nice to have newcomers. 

crystal M.
on 12/11/14 12:46 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am starting feel it now.  From all the packing and lifting....OUCH.  I am sore.  Mostly in my arms and shoulders right now.  I finally gave in and took something for it. 

I am tired too.  All this work work  work after work is very tiring.  So you would think I sleep like the dead...but no I am very restless worrying about what I have to do or what needs to be done.  So I just need to get this done So I can relax....ahhhh.

On top of everything else I am helping to organize the festivities at work.  It was my idea and it is something I have pushed to have at work and they are finally doing it.  So it makes sense they would put me in charge. 

Well back to work.  Have a great day all 

berts4
on 12/11/14 1:02 am - Rock City, IL

Good morning Christine and the rest of Illinois!

I am going to have lunch with Amber, pick up a couple of things, then come home to work on a few orders and building inventory.

Tomorrow, I head to O'Hare to pick up Liv for winter break!  YIPPEE!  It will be so nice to have her home.

I need to make cookies for an exchange I am attending on Sunday also.  I need to decide which ones to make.  I might make some sugar free Italian cookies that are fruit filled.  It will be fun.  We are doing Ugly Sweaters and a white elephant.  I am looking forward to it!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

LisaTucker
on 12/11/14 1:44 am - IL

Just want to welcome Elena to the board. I drink my coffee in the morning, then about  9 or so, I will have a protein bar, some hard cheese, or some cottage cheese. I never use to eat breakfast either.

Dawn have a great day with Amber.

Crystal, just think of the end results.

Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1061 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5588 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5332 views
Sunday Roll Call