Saturday Roll Call

Phatchick
on 1/23/15 10:38 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Peeps,

What a busy last couple of days. I left my house early yesterday morning and got home just in time to see the Bulls win.

Just got home from the pool and now want to do nothing. Got a bunch of books from the library yesterday and hoping to just sit and chill today. I see a steak and baked potato is my not too distant future......other than that not much happeneing.

BTW, it is awesome to be back with my sweet OH pals again. I hope we see each other soon.

Hugs,

Sharon

LisaTucker
on 1/23/15 11:11 pm - IL

Hi Sharon and everyone.

Sharon, pick a date, place and time, and we will be there. And yes, it is nice to have you back. We missed you.

The skies are mostly blue, the sun is out, what could be better? Oh yeah, about 40' warmer. The only bad thing is they are saying snow/sleet for later. But I will take the blue skis over gray ones anytime.

Laundry and working on puzzel for me today. Chicken for dinner.

Have a great day ,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 1/24/15 1:19 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am just sitting here relaxing and watching a Golden Girls marathon.  Yes I love Golden Girls.  It reminds me of my grandma.  We would always watch that together...she loved that show...she would laugh.  Oh sometimes I really miss her.  Damn that woman for not living forever!!!! 

Did I ever tell you a funny story about me and Amanda.  This was years ago....Amanda was in 7th or 8th grade.  We were at a Kmart.  There was this lady shopping there that looked just like my grandma.  Amanda and I followed her around the store for about 15 minutes just talking about how much she looked like my grandma.  Hahahaha....can you imagine.  Stalking some poor old lady because we couldn't get over how much she looked like her!!!  We will talk about that once in awhile and laugh at how funny we were. 

OK...I'm done reminiscing.   

Today I have laundry to do and some shopping to do.  We are going out for drinks today.  Greg mentioned he had a taste for a margarita and I said well I would love to have a pina colada.  So that's what we are going to do!!!!  

Oh and Greg is teasing me...he just bought me my Valentines gift. He's taking me some where I wanted to go.  For the life of me I can't imagine what it is???  I am trying to think where I said I wanted to go or do and I am blanking.  So now I have to wait!!!  DARN!!!

Yes...I would love a get together!!!  It would be nice to see everyone again.

Well time to go...have a relaxing day all 

Nancy G.
on 1/24/15 12:56 pm - La Salle, IL

Hello Everyone!

Just hanging around this weekend, catching up on a couple of projects, relaxing and fighting a cold.  Besides that I am being entertained by a group of wild cats.  Nibbles and Smudge are the funniest cats.  They like to rile everyone up and get the party going.  Then all heck breaks out and it is a free for all.  The antics are amazing!  

Nibbles is always keeping us guessing.  We took Fluffer to the groomers the other day and Nibbles reaction was hilarious.  The last time that Fluffer went to the groomer we thought that MAYBE Nibbles had unzipped the carrier and sprung Fluffer while we Rick was waiting to leave.  But then we thought -- no that is just our imagination, it wasn't zipped all the way.  Well, yes, Nibbles did hep him escape because this time we had secured the zipper so Nibbles started to try to rip the side of the carrier meshing with his claws and his teeth.  If we had left him alone and given him enough time, Fluffer would have been free.  So Fluffer and the carrier had to be isolated in the bathroom until it was time to go.  It was little brother to the rescue again!  Rick and I were speachless!

At least all of our "children" get along and stick up for one another.  I never realized just how well bonded they were!  We are fortunate, they all play well together and seem to love each other.  Buffy right now is in love with Claude and follows him everywhere.  It is so cute!  

Work is work.  We are so crazy busy.  I will stay over a couple of time this week.  I am not going to do it every day as it is so tiring.  We lost 2 people on our team this week.  That means we will be even busier.  People are dropping like flies.  A lot of us don't think we are going to be around much longer but no one knows for sure.  I feel too old to go job hunting so am sticking it out.  Time will tell.  Some days I am optimistic and some days not.  

I am all for a get together.  It has been awhile.  

Enjoy your Sunday!

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1061 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5588 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5332 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5360 views