Thursday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 2/25/15 10:01 pm - IL

Who ordered this snow? At lunch yesterday it was 32', and sunny, by the time I left work at 4:30, we had over an inch on the ground and it took me 40 min to get home. I am glad we didn't have to go out last night.

I was able to pick up an extra day to work next week. That means the week we are gone, the following week, I only will lose 1 day, instead of 2.

Today, I am going to dig in and do some serious cleaning. I haven't decided if it will be the kitchen or Hubert's train room. But it will be something. Tomorrow will be doing errands.

Be careful in your travels today.

Hugs,

Lisa

carlak
on 2/25/15 10:31 pm - Bradenton, FL

Hi im gearing up to Drive to Madison Wisconsin, then to Lansing Michigan then back to Chicago for two weeks. Its Vinnie time again!!

How is everyone doing?

Carla 

image hosting site

LisaTucker
on 2/25/15 10:47 pm - IL

Carla, be careful driving. We got more snow last night. As much as you are in Illinois, have you thought of getting a condo in the Chicago area? Just wondering.

Lisa

crystal M.
on 2/26/15 12:47 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Well I don't what favors I can do for mother nature to make her stop this but I am willing to negotiate....

We out till 8pm last night.  So no dinner got cooked.  We picked up a rotisserie chicken at Jewel and warmed up some veggies.  And...poof...dinner is made. 

I do want to try and make a frittata (maybe this weekend or a breakfast for dinner thing).  I had one at the B&B and it was delicious.  I found a recipe that is half eggs and half egg whites so it won't be so fattening....and you use turkey bacon...I know it won't be absolutely low calorie but I am trying to make it so it's not a calorie bomb!!!

Today for sure I will be doing groceries.  I keep putting this off. 

I have a close friend who has been distancing herself lately.  The last few days she has contacted me and we have been texting back and forth.  It seems she has been struggling with ADHD and anxiety.  It's really been making her life horrible.  She said she understood if I didn't want to be friend anymore.  I said...silly girl, I love you and I will be here when ever you need me. And maybe even when you don't want me!!!

Boy I guess you never know people's inner struggles.  I would have never guessed.

Nancy-  for your fridge lock.  If you go to the baby section at Walmart they have all kinds of safety gadgets to keep babies out of things like cabinets, toilets and also a fridge.  Look it up.  You can "baby" proof your house...LOL!!!

Well back to work my peeps...have a great day all

Nancy G.
on 2/26/15 7:17 am - La Salle, IL

Hello Everyone

Well another day, different life.  

Today, they announced that they were closing our call center and the one in Virginia so there will no longer be Office Max call centers.  I loose my job in July.  I have been expecting this for quite awhile.  I just did not know for sure when it would happen.  My guess was sometime after the first of the year.  I cant say I am surprised.  Sad, yes.  Not sure what I am going to do.  

There is a company that will hire about 100 employees to work independently our of their homes to take calls for Office Depot.  Hopefully I will be able to get one of those positions.  At my age, I do not see myself very employable.  Time will tell.  

This is the 3rd time I have gone through this so I have to say it gets easier each time.  Or else it really hasnt sunk in yet.  

I am somewhat angry as I feel that we were given a pack of lies when we were told it was a merger of equals.  We were bought out, clear and simply and now OD is simply divesting itself of us.  That thought makes me angry.  I hate when business do that.  

It will take time to process my feelings.  I do get severance pay for 9 weeks.  It is better than being let go without warning so I will survive.  So now on to my 4th career!  

Other than that, mother nature can take this weather and stuff it!  

I hope everyone has a great Friday! 

Cat Lady

LisaTucker
on 2/26/15 8:27 am - IL

Nancy, I am sorry about your job lost. When Hilton's call center went out, they offered the workers home based jobs, quite a few took them and are still working for them. Like you said, this isnot the first time this has happened to you.

Phatchick
on 2/26/15 11:40 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Nancy,

I hope you get the home based job...this may just be a good thing...no more icy drives to work. I know its hard to look at the bright side, but there is one in all of this somewhere.

You are a very bright lady and recreating yourself so many times proves it.

Hugs, Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5365 views
Thursday Roll Call