Tuesday Roll Call

ChristineB
on 3/2/15 7:24 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

'Morning all! Notice I did not say "Good".

More than likely I will be out of my seat and staring out the window a good portion of the day. I have no windows in my room other than the walk up window and that does not count.

I shutter at the thought of freezing rain.

Stay safe.

What is happening in your corner of Lincoln Land?

&

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 3/2/15 10:16 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

What a busy day I had at work yesterday.  We had to dress up for a corporate visit too.  I hate that.  Especially when it's cold...I just want to be in jeans and one of my big sweaters and my warm furry boots. 

Well according to my weather man (AKA...Greg) It's supposed to warm up enough around 10am-12pm to stop the freezing rain.  He's often more accurate than the news...LOL. 

No plans today.  I am making chicken enchiladas for dinner.  I put the chicken in the crockpot with the sauce so it's nice and tender and juicy. 

Oh I was surprised to find out one of my co-workers got the sleeve last week.  He was back to work yesterday.  He is doing really well.  And he was surprised to find out I had WLS.  It's something I go around telling everyone.  He was asking me lots of questions.  Mostly about life style changes...stuff like that.  It will be nice to he is transformation to his new healthy self.

Well back to work...have a good day all.

LisaTucker
on 3/3/15 2:24 am - IL

the ice was bad when Hubert went to work, but by the time I left, it was still icy on the sidewalks, but the roads were ok. It is starting to melt, 34'. No plans for tonight. 

Hugs,

Lisa

Nancy G.
on 3/3/15 6:40 am - La Salle, IL

Hello Everyone

I am hibernating at home.  I am allergic to ice.  I have fallen twice since I got my boot on my foot.  The latest was Friday coming out of my hair appointment.  There was 18 inches of snow between the curb and the street and of course I had to step in it to get to my car as there was no other way and down I went!  When I woke this morning there was a nice glaze on everything and there was no way I was venturing out on cane and boot.  That boot is slick and with the cane on top of it, I just have no way to prevent falling. I am not up to a broken hip or arm or back.  I am turning into a little old lady!  

Things have still been busy at work.  I am not sure how they are going to manage with out us but that is not my problem.  Actually I am ok with all of this.  I cant believe how I feel about all of this.  It is actually a huge relief to have it happen.  I did not realize just how much stress there was in waiting for the ax to fall.  We all suspected it was coming.  Just not completely sure.  Now that we know, the stress is amazingly gone.  Somehow I know from past experiences that everything will be ok.  I have always come out better.  I have an amazing sense of calm right now.  Maybe I should not feel this way but I do.  It is so strange.  I dont feel panicked at all.  

I am ready for winter to be over and looking at the forecast, it looks to be hanging in there.  Come on spring!  

The cats are behaving for a change.  Nibbles is getting less shy by the day.  That is so great!  I keep telling him he will be a cat yet!  Smudge has been here a year and still does not like for us to touch her.  They insisted that she was not feral but she was.  She is better and sneaks into bed at night and walks by us now but she still will not let us pet her.  Sigh.  She does love the other cats and appears to be very happy so I guess that is what is important.  

Nothing else is new in my corner of the world.  

Hope everyone stays safe and has a great day!

Cat Lady

berts4
on 3/3/15 10:08 am - Rock City, IL

Good evening Chris and the rest of Illinois!

I am late catching up with you all.  I have been getting ready to drive to see Liv and we will probably drive to Clearwater, FL early next week.  She wants to see, "Winter, the dolphin" at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and it is going to be warmer in Florida than South Carolina.  So.....if the drive down is not too hard, we may conquer this.

I have been getting ready and Todd has been very nice about it all up until today.  He chose not to go with me.  I got home about an hour ago and he is throwing a fit.  He's mad that David or I did not run the snow blower today.  I have not been home since noon (and I don't really know HOW to run it) and David.....well, I can see him being upset with David, but he does not have to take it out on me.  He is being so cranky that I want to just grab my bags and leave right now.  I WAS planning to leave Thursday morning, but I will leave early if he wants to be angry.  Actually, I will probably still leave then, but we will see.  I can't change him, but I CAN change me and my plans.

So, besides a cranky husband, I am excited to see some warmer weather.  Hopefully, I will bring Spring back with me!

Nancy----hopefully, you will get an at home job.  That would be great!  I have a resume in for one of those.  I had a really good interview for one job last week and have been trying to schedule a 2nd interview with Meijer.  I just feel like I will be employed shortly after I return.  I have faith.

Sharon----what job did you take?  It sounds like you did not take the one in the doctor's office.

Crystal---I am SOOO happy for you and Greg.  See.....everything works out as it should.

Chris---greetings to you and Dave.

Carla----sounds like you will be coming up as I am coming down!

Jason---Great write up on the zip line adventure.

Connie and Kay---glad you are home safe and your trip sounds fantastic!

I had better get going.  Finish packing in case I need to leave sooner.

Love to you all!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Watson
on 3/5/15 12:27 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Thank you!

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Phatchick
on 3/3/15 10:09 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Chris and Friends,

Havent left the house since coming home from church on Sunday except for my meeting Monday nite. My cold is much better and I am starting to get my energy back. Hope to go back to the gym after work on Thurday. I am looking forward to weighing in. 

I am really getting into this cooking all morning one day a week to make dishes to last for the week. A couple fresh chopped salads, hummus with chopped veggies and a couple bean dishes and a pot of soup keep me going for the week. I then only have to grill some chicken or broil a burger. The healthier I eat, the more G brings Carryout home. Hahahaha

Stay warm......it's about to get colder again.....hohum

Hugs,

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views
Sunday Roll Call