Friday Roll Call

ChristineB
on 3/19/15 10:24 pm, edited 3/19/15 11:31 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Davey wants to get out of "Dodge" on Saturday. I wanted to go to Starved Rock, Baker Hotel or The Herrington but could not get in. So we opted for the Grand Geneva. It looks like it has great places to eat and also a lot of area to walk on the grounds. We will first spend time in Lake Geneva walking/window shopping and eat lunch at Popeye's (large fish restaurant on the lake). On the way home we will stop at my brother-in-law's an mooch off of them for Sunday din din.

Back to work.

&

PS - Crystal, I can give you a bunch of ideas on what to see in Seattle. We are spending almost 5 days there before our cruise in May. There is a lot to do.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

LisaTucker
on 3/19/15 10:33 pm - IL

Happy First Day of Spring.

Yesterday, for lunch, I wanted to go to a local drive thur for either soup or chili. To my surprise, they have stopped serving both until late fall. I was nor happy to have to drive 2 miles each way to get to Wendy's. BTW, I love Wendy;s chili.

When I got home yesterday, my plan was to start cleaning. It didn't happen. I spent an hour with my neighbor, who I haven't seen in ages. It was a good thing.

So, today, I will have lots to do.

It is suppose to get into the 50's today, I will gladly love it.

Crystal, have a safe trip to see Amanda. You will love Seattle. I know I do.

I am off to play "Merry Maid".

We love Popeyes, even with the normal wait for a table.

Hugs,

Lisa

Phatchick
on 3/20/15 1:03 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Dear Ones,

Happy Spring! We survived another winter.

Got up early and got to my church to high dust and vaccum.  I love putting on my ear phones and getting in and out.

Today, I am just cleaning up around here, but I am dying to get outside and clean up a little out front. My lillies have sprouted about an inch out of the dirt. I love this time of year. But I have so much to do inside, I doubt it will happen. I have a baby shower tomorrow at the club house at the golf course in our subdivision and I know people will probably drop by afterwards so I have to spruce up the place and get some food in here.

Crystal, Seattle is on my bucket list. G loves that city.

Christine, the Hotel Baker has been hard to get into since Jenny McCarthy got married there. My brother lives in St Charles and we like to stop in there for a drink and lately the place is always loaded.

Nancy, I am having all the Meows teeth done. Kyle has the worst breath and he always has. When i got him at 4 months old, his breath stank like nothing I have ever smelled. At that time the vet could find nothing wrong with him. He is now 5 and I am hoping the cleaning will help.

Lisa, I love Wendys chili and I think you can even go online and get the recipe. I seem to recall seeing that somewhere. Today is my cook for the week day and I am making 2 different soups to eat all week. It keeps me going.

Dawn, good for you that you got a job in a new field. It takes moxie to step out of your comfort zone and you have been doing that all year!

Connie, enjoyed your St Pats pic on FB.

Carla enjoy Vinnie.

Jason, where are you?

Well my dear peeps, I am off to get this day really started.

Hugs,

Sharon

Watson
on 3/21/15 12:06 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Hello Sharon,

That's what I asked myself (Where in the World is Jason? [Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?]?).

I'm ah here. This week been one crazy & busy week for me, like getting test results (X-rays & MRIs). That's why I haven't posting, but I've been peeking in here & there (not long enough to read posts and leaving posts).

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Phatchick
on 3/22/15 11:43 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Glad you are here Jason. I understand being busy......Hoping all these tests show you are a-ok.

Hugs,

Sharon

Watson
on 3/23/15 12:40 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Hi Sharon,

From my X-rays it shows that I have scoliosis, arthritis in the back, moderate slipped disc, two fractured vertebrae. My MRI study results in and they came out good, nothing to worry about, but I do have mild to moderate nerve(s) around my lower back to my left hip area, nothing to worry about. Also my doctor's practitioner nurse gave me a phone to call to the "pain clinic" and I did call this past Friday and the pain clinic and the person I talked to said they don't have the referral, so I e-mailed the doctor's office this past Friday and told them the pain clinic didn't find the referral, I got a reply back this morning saying that "The referral is in the system". Today I'll give the "pain clinic" some time today and take it from there.

My MRI results, my MRI study results in and they came out good, nothing to worry about, but I do have mild to moderate nerve(s) around my lower back to my left hip area, nothing to worry about. Which I have inflamed nerves in that area.

That's one reason I got the referral for the "pain clinic" and that I'm complaining about pain in my back and in my left leg/left hip area.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Phatchick
on 3/23/15 1:20 am, edited 3/23/15 1:21 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Jason,

I was in pain all the time from arthritis and this weird hump in my upper back that I inherited from my mom. As I got older I seemed to have more and more pain and it was hard to sleep at night, because everytiume I turned over in bed I'd wake up from the terrible pain and stiffness. Sleep disturbances/depravation created depression and anxiety. I decided to start moving in the pool. It truly changed my life. I have no more pain. There are so many at the pool that just walk in the water to keep pain at bay. On a side note, if I skip the pool for a few days the pain starts again.

I also self massage painful areas with coconut oil with a few frops of frankincense essential oils. Both can be purchased at Whole Foods.

Hugs dear one,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 3/20/15 2:57 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Glad it's Friday.  I will be busy with the whole car buying thing.  I am not looking forward to making car payments again but I am focusing on the positive.  I will have a nice new car...a nice Subaru.  It will have the things my old car didn't have, like- blue tooth connectivity, 4 wheel drive (great in the winter) and butt warmers (yeah!!!). 

I just have to pick up my check and wait for it to clear.  And then I am good to go. 

It's funny you guys bring up chili.  Just the other day I made chili for dinner and it was so good.  It was this jar of Frontera chili I bought from Whole foods.  You just brown the meat, dump in the chili sauce and a cup of water and 20 minutes later...poof chili.  And it was delicious!!!  It was a nice easy way to whip up some chili. 

Christine-  it looks like I'm going to Seattle before you do.  I am leaving for a long Easter weekend.  Unless you've been there before. I do know we are going on a chocolate factory tour and to Pike's market. 

And the last day there I am doing something really crazy that I have wanted to do and is a bit stupid.  But I don't care.  I am going to visit Forks...where they filmed Twilight.  HAhaha.  I know I am a weirdo. 

Well back to work....have a great day everyone. 

ChristineB
on 3/20/15 12:19 pm, edited 3/20/15 12:20 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Crystal, yes you will be there before us. I have done a lot of research for things to do there. We have been there before but did not get to many things due to getting on a cruise to Hawaii a couple days later. Dave was there many times on business but did not do the touristy things. So, I have done a fair amount of research.

1. Bainbridge Island is supposed to be great to see. There is a car ferry that goes over. Cars are charged to cross but foot traffic is free. https://www.bainbridgeisland.com/ferry You cannot beat free!
  2. My "sister" niece says this is great to go and see. It is the Seattle Underground area of the past Seattle. http://www.undergroundtour.com/about/index.html
  3. China Town http://seattlechinatownid.com/
  4. Museum of Flight http://www.museumofflight.org/
  5. Different Seattle tours. Boeing, Mt Rainier and other tours. http://www.seattle.com/attractions/day-trips.html
  6. You mentioned Pike Place Market (been there before and we are going back)
  7. We probably will go back to the Space Needle.
  8. We are staying at the FairMont Olympic Hotel that is downtown and in walking/taxi distance of many attractions. The hotel is a designated hotel to stay at pre cruise. Be sure to look at the website. It looks fantastic. http://www.fairmont.com/seattle/ Many of the places above are within walking distance of our hotel.

Dave is a former private pilot and a flight enthusiast (he fights me for the window seat but opts for the flight deck audio on the headphones) so we are going to Boeing (camera restrictions - no camera phones or personal cameras due to proprietary info on the tour). I will make sure we go to the rest of the things except Mt. Rainier. With my Colitis I will not be able to make the 10 hour tour without being close to a potty. The tour is not all driving but I need a potty when I need it). Sorry TMI but it is a BIG part of my life.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 3/21/15 9:51 pm - Joliet, IL

Christine-  Just wanted to thank you for the great ideas and websites.  There is so much we want to do and only will be there 4 days.  But Amanda lives there and will be seeing her again....so what we don't do this time will be on the to do list next time. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1067 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5365 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5400 views