Tuesday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 3/30/15 8:44 pm - IL

Good Morning Illinois!

Today is suppose to be nice, but wait until tomorrow! They are saying a high in the low 70's. I am so ready for that.

Nothing happening today, just the last day of work. I am really OK with it.

This past weekend I put a huge dent the the 2 rooms I am spring cleaning. I hope to have them both done tomorrow.

Otherwise, we have a busy weekend coming up, with both Passover and Easter. Also next week.

Christine, so happy that you are on the mend. Could you tell me when your next Alaskan cruise is? Also which cruise line. Hubert and I are debating what to do next year for our 50th. Go back to Alaska or somewhere else.

Hugs,

Lisa

ChristineB
on 3/30/15 10:35 pm, edited 3/30/15 11:16 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Mid May Holland America out of Seattle for 14 days. Lord willing in 2016 we will go back through the Panama Canal. I found a cruise that leaves from Boston (Holland America)in the fall.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Phatchick
on 3/31/15 1:00 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Lisa and Christine and My Sweet Peeps,

I dont know what Christine has had, but i have such bad congestion I can hardly breathe. I am able to get it under control sporadically but that doesnt last very long. I also sneeze a ton. Maybe allergies???? I dont feel sick, just a tad tired. This is day 7.

So I think I may have a job. I decided last week to send out a slew of resumes in my old field and got 3 calls. I went on an interview yesterday that lasted 3 hours and they called me last night and gushed about how they liked me, and then again this morning the doc ( a lady) called  and want to meet again today to talk about sending me out of town for training. I think that means I have the job, but I wont know until I go again. You all know i have been very reticent to go back into a physician office situation due to the stress and work loads. But, I know that this is what I know, and that is what seems to find me. My daughter said "oh no!" when i told her. I am hoping the lessons I have learned in Celebrate Recovery regarding putting up boundaries will help me this time. I will also try to keep my Thursday gig for as long as I can, because I love it and the money is great.

Speaking of Celebrate Recovery, I got my one year chip last night. My hubby was so proud of me. I guess he really does pay attention when it counts.

Never been on an Alaskan cruise. G says Alaska is breathtaking. He spent some time there when he was in the Air Force.  If we ever cruise it will be there. I'd like to go to Nova Scotia and also that Pacific train that drives throughout Canada. Has anyone done that one? It's on my bucket list. But I want to go to Israel more than anything.

Crystal, every woman should have a shower and have a wedding registry. This is your first wedding as a mature woman who knows her mind and soul. For that alone, you deserve a celebration and gifts. You are in that place. So enjoy!!!!!!!! I agree with Carla, love Crate and Barrel.

Off to pray.

Hugs,

Sharon

ChristineB
on 3/31/15 4:08 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

I dont know what Christine has had, but i have such bad congestion I can hardly breathe. I am able to get it under control sporadically but that doesnt last very long. I also sneeze a ton. Maybe allergies???? I dont feel sick, just a tad tired. This is day 7.

Mine started with a mild scratchy throat on a Saturday and then Sunday developed a head cold but not real bad. Was so dizzy Mon-Fri that I had to hold onto the walls or counters, tired - slept or was in bed for close to 20hrs a day. Went to the doc on Thurs and heard bronchitis going on in the lungs. He put me on Levoquin. It attacks bacteria and it worked. Feel almost ship shape today and even walked to work. I am taking advantage of not having any taste or appetite as I lost 8# and want to keep going.

Hope you feel better.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

ChristineB
on 3/31/15 8:58 am, edited 3/31/15 8:58 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Been to work (walked to/from), not dizzy anymore nor short of breath (which caused being dizzy), filled out early check in online for the cruise, going to watch the news, read and have something to eat later on. Oh forgo****ch the Dugger wedding on TLC at 7.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Nancy G.
on 3/31/15 1:00 pm - La Salle, IL

Hello Everyone

I have been mia again.  I have been trying to keep up but even that is not always been possible.  I got on here last night and was all set to answer, and found out my keyboard was broken!  I had spilled liquid on it the other day and caught it right away, turned it upside down and used the air duster and towels on it and thought I would be ok.  It seemed o****il I realized that certain keys like the caps lock and the letters t and y would not type.  Somehow, you use those letters more than you think,  

Work is still so busy it is unbelievable.  We had company that came in last week that contracts with Office Depot that has approximately 110 positions opening up to take the phone calls that we now take.  You do it from home.  The pay is the same or better than what we make now and they provide the equipment.  There are pro's and cons but it is a job.  I think I have a fairly good chance in getting a position.  It would be a solution that is better than trying to find a job at 63 yrs old where people will not want to hire you.  Age discrimination still exists.  I should find out if I have a job in another coulple weeks.  

Lisa, I am so sorry about your job.  I had not even thought about it with all the budget cuts.  That is horrible news for the residents of IL who depend on the program for energy bills.  Ugh!

Crystal, house hunting is so exciting.  Just dont get discouraged.  Try to visualize yourself living there and look beyond surface issues.  My house sat empty a long time because it was dirty.  I was able to see beyond the filth and knew that scrubbin g, new carpet drapes and paint would make a world of difference and it did. Layout is the most important.  

Chris, I hope you feel better.  Bronchitis always kicks my butt.

Sharon, that is great if you found a new job!  Congratulations!  Also congrats on your 1 year anniversary.  

Dawn, you have been doing great as well.  Have you started your job yet?  What are your hours and what are you doing?

Carla, Vinnie is getting soooo cute.  I loved all the pics that you posted during your recent visit!  I can see how grandma loves that sweet little smiley face!

Jason, hope all is going good for you.

Connie and Kay, the shop sounds busier than ever.  I got the newsletter today.  I wished I lived closer

Everyone have a great day

Cat Lady

birder I.
on 3/31/15 1:24 pm - Rockford, IL

Hi friends,

We love Holland America because it isn't so party focused as many others. Alaska is fabulous! We've been 3 times and would go again in a second! We also cruised Boston to Montreal twice and went to Nova Scotia those times. We took the Windspirit thru the Panama Canal--only 150 passengers--most amazing ship! It's a part of the Windstar cruises--they are just amazing! Panama City to San Jose, Costa Rica. CR is absolutely beautiful and the after tour is worth every penny!

I hope everyone is healing. This cold season has been my worst but I feel good now. The store is busy and we are having a ball. Who knew work could be so fun!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5366 views