Wednesday Roll Call

ChristineB
on 4/21/15 9:44 pm, edited 4/22/15 12:37 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Man, that wind is nasty. I was waiting to cross Irving Park Rd on my way home yesterday and almost got knocked off of my feet. I had to walk my bike a good part of the way home. I opted to walk to work today.

My glasses was the fault of the girl fitting me not clarifying that the prescription was to be worn with contacts. The problem is being fixed. In the meantime I am trying monovision contacts again. I tried them about 15 years ago and I could not get used to them. The brain needs to get used to having a different vision in either eyes. I do not think that there were contacts for astigmatism back then. So far so good. You loose a little in the clarity but it is priceless not to take on and off bifocals or computer glasses.

Not much in my world, what is happening with the rest of you?

Well, need to go because the blinky message light is in need of being listened to.

&

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

LisaTucker
on 4/21/15 10:41 pm - IL

Happy Hump Day,

Yhat wind yesterday was brutal. I normally cannot hear it in the house, but I did yesterday. It is windy again today.

We are going out tonight for dinner.

Saturday, I am going to Fox Valley Mall to help Monica help Morgan to get a prom dress. We have already looked at Carson's and Macy's, but she wants more of a ball gown style then what they are showing.

I need to get back to the garden. I hate being in the house all day.

On Saturday, I want to stop at Our Home on Rt. 59. I want to look for a garden light house. If I can't find one there, I will order it off the internet.

Hugs,

Lisa

Phatchick
on 4/22/15 12:16 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Peeps,

It is soooo chilly today. But gorgeous with the sun shining.

Yesterday, I ran the banquet which was a success. I was in charge of serving and set up. I got there early to help prepare the food as well. I created and made the wraps which were a hit. My boss was happy. My boss is a sweet, laid back man who appreciates hard work. He told me he enjoys teaching me and I am learning. Would love to do this full time. I work again tomorrow.

Today I am spring cleaning my kitchen. BLT's for dinner. 

Enjoy this day the Lord has made.

hugs,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 4/22/15 12:26 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

This weather is really stinky.  Blah.  Not when you get a taste of some really nice weather. 

We are tying up the honeymoon plans.  Getting the hotel paid for and the car rental and Amanda and Charles' plane tickets secured.  We are getting reservations for things we are planning to do.  Like we are planning a day San Francisco and while we are there I want to do a whale watching excursion.  So we are booking that.  We are doing a wine tasting tour on a train in Napa.  And I want to visit the redwood forest and the Calistoga geysers.  Yes we will be running around all week...LOL.  Luckily for us we come home on a Friday so we have the weekend to rest from our vacation...LOL!!!

Work is busy.  Payroll is down two people.  One girl is out on FMLA due to a sick father and the one broke her leg in a slip and fall and will be out for 3 months.  So I offered to help out.

Today is work and working out...yes I am working out again.  and groceries.  And dinner will be taco salad. 

Christine your post is in some kind od symbols.  I had to copy and paste it in Word and set it calbri...so I can read it.  Hahaha.  But I read it all the same.  Have you ever thought of laser eye surgery.  I am far sighted and I am like you hate having to take my glasses off and on constantly.  I don't need them for anything but reading.  I have thought about laser eye surgery. 

Well...back to work.  Have a great day everyone

ChristineB
on 4/22/15 12:45 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

try reading it again. I changed it to Comic Sans MS. I had originally chose Symbols. It is odd because I can read it fine . . . weird

Even with Lasik surgery a person of my age will need close up correction because most people develop presbyopia (loss of clear close vision) around age 40. Dave had it done in 1999 and he needs readers. The surgeon told him that would happen and also confirmed by his optometrist.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5365 views