Tuesday Roll Call

Phatchick
on 5/19/15 5:53 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Peeps,

Crystal you are a regular work-horse. The weeds will always be there, but they get less and less as you work them. Thank goodness you are getting in there in May and not July. By July, they are beyond any control. If the weeds are coming up in your flower beds just use Preen. It keeps the weeds at bay if you stay consistent. The ones that come up around the cracks...you just have to keep spraying as soon as you see a little growth. You will know where they come up regularly in a short time. I recall I once thought I was going to let this little weed that just kept coming back; and let it grow to see how big it got....and see what happenend. It got about 4 feet tall and this gorgeous purple flower blossomed. I then tugged and tugged on it and it came out with a root about 3 feet long. It never came back again. That is rare.

Yesterday I saw the babies and had a blast. My 4 y/o grandson is a handful but sweet.

Yesterday, the office manager at the law firm asked me to re-type a form for a will-change that was 6 pages long 2-sided. I say to her, why dont we scan it into the computer and get Adobe and then fill in the form on the computer instead of typing it? I then mention, we will then have an electric copy. She responds, "what's adobe?" After I explain what adobe is, she states, "we cant afford that". I then say to her, it is going to take me over an hour to complete this on a type writer and isnt it costing you money to pay me? If I do this with adobe it will take me 5 mins. Over time wont Adobe pay for itself? Her response, "we dont do the forms like that. Ugh!

Today G is coming home. It cant come sooner....last night I dreamnt I married some guy at church.....I was never so happy to wake up LOL!!!!!!

I have to go gt ready for work. I am doing a banquet today for Ford Motor.

Have a great day Peeps!

Hugs,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 5/19/15 6:59 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

At work...another day another dollar.  I won't complain though.  Compared to what it was last year at this time...my work environment is much improved. 

I took a much needed break last night.  I cooked dinner and then sat and watched TV the rest of the night.  It felt good.  I was soooo tired. 

But today it's back to work.  I have lots to do before this weekend.  We have people coming over.  I want things to be clean and in order.  Because I have baking to do Saturday. 

This weekend I wanted to get out there and move the mulch and see what condition the soil is in.  I would like to start planting.  But it looks like rain Sunday and Monday....we shall see. 

Sharon- Funny G is coming home today and Greg is leaving.  He comes back Friday.  That is pretty bad when a woman that works in an office doesn't know what Adobe is.  She better hope to stay at that job forever because she doesn't sound very employable.  Especially if she doesn't even want to try to learn new technology.  I am always wanting to learn new things.  Makes you more valuable.   

Well back to work...have a good day all

LisaTucker
on 5/19/15 8:40 am - IL

Another cool day. I want to open the pool, but with the temps this cool, it isn't worth it. I am going to try to get Hubert to go to American Sales in Joliet tomorrow. We need a new pool cover and a new solar cover. The pool cover is a 5 to 7 year replacement, and the solar cover should last about the same. Other then we bought it 3 years ago and Hubert, in his know it all additude, left it on the deck all winter. Needless to say, when I tryed to move it yesterday, it shredded.

I did get some really neat sandals yesterday. One pair is a knockoff of the Birkie ones, and the other is a flower print with ankle straps and jewels. Not that I needed them, but a girl can always use another pair  sandals.

Today is just doing some little things, , inside, that need to be done.

Have a good day.

Hugs,

Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1070 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5597 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5341 views
Sunday Roll Call