Weekend Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 8/23/15 8:41 am - IL

Happy Sunday Morning.

Yesterday, I joined Monica and Scott on a roadtrip to Greenup, Il. There is a place that serves great hamburgers,  from 6 a.m until 12:30 p.m. near there. It is in the middle of corn fields and you would think that it is in the middle of a  large city. It is a piece of Americana, that has been doing this for years. Moonshine Store. It is on the internet.

Picked up a slab of ribs yesterday, already cooked, that's dinner tonight.

Also stopped at the outlet mall in Tusacola. Found a long dress to wear on formal night on our next cruise. We leave June 12th.

I have a few things to do today, so I need to get busy.

Hugs,

Lisa

ChristineB
on 8/23/15 11:16 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

We had a reunion to go to yesterday. I was the designated photographer. I am an honorary sister to my nieces. It was only supposed to be their family but I was asked to be a part of it and was the only non family member there. I do "sister" things with them all year long. The pictures turned out great and now I just need to load them on my PC and external drives and send them off to the family.

Got the laundry under way, been to a Boy Scout Pancake B-Fast and Meijer for next week's groceries. I found a great recipe book from America's Test Kitchen (PBS show) and it has great recipes for two people. Now, granted we both do not have normal size tummies but it means that there is only one left over a person. They are tasty and fast/easy.

Need to get out and fill the hummer feeders. They do not like that I am a day behind with refilling them.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

crystal M.
on 8/23/15 4:33 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I had a busy day yesterday.  I was outside "fixing" the yard.  It was neglected for two weeks and it looked like crap.  Greg thought it didn't look that bad and I am too much of a perfectionist.  I think not.  I also power washed the back patio and the back of the house.  I made and Italian roast beef in the crock pot.  I also made this no bake pie for dessert.  It is made with 2 granny smith apples and cream cheese, caramel...etc.  It has been good pie kind of like a caramel apple pie...

Today we woke up went to church.  Greg had some computer stuff to do for the school there too.  Then we went to the Goodwill in Oswego.  I found a really nice wrap around skirt and a pair of Levis.  Both cost me $8.  Not bad!!!  Then we went to Bed Bath & Beyond.   I had gift cards from the girls at work to spend.  I wanted to get curtains for the patio windows.  I hate vertical blinds...I don't find them particularly attractive.  So we went there and we had to find curtains/drapes we both liked.  Greg is the kind of guy that wants input on how the house is decorated.  I know some guys could care less.  But he is definitely not that guy.  So the drapes I liked were not the ones he really cared for.  I did not want just plain ones...I wanted something with a pattern, he did not.  So we compromised with drapes that are one color but are textured.  BUT...I really wish I could have gotten the other ones.  They would have looked perfect, but I didn't want to be bossy and have it all my way.  Anyway, I bought a few other things and I had so many coupons and gave Greg a gift card so he can use some coupons.  So we were able to buy quite a few things.  And I still have money on one of the cards.

I love that store.  It is one store I can just wander in forever. 

This week I am getting the house ready for the party.  I am breaking it up daily.  Friday Greg's daughter from Kentucky is coming in.  He is taking the day off to go pick up two tents and tables and chairs and a grill.  Next Saturday Amanda and Charles will be flying into O'Hare...early.  We will be picking them up.  I have nothing going on this week but party prep.  So far we have approximately 30 people coming.  Rough estimate.  It will be a full house.  I have never had a party that big.  I hope I do okay...

Good thing I am feeling better. 

Well time to get back to relaxing.  Have a good rest of your weekend

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1073 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5600 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5342 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5370 views