Hello!

Elena Ramon
on 11/26/15 7:19 pm - Chicago, IL

Hello WLS Illinois friends!

I started posting/replying to these OH forums a while ago (a year???) but I eventually went MIS because of 1) life; and 2) I was feeling a little lost as far as where I could start my WLS program, who could do the surgery, etc.

BUT!

Good news is that not only did I find a program and doctor, I actually completed the program already and will officially be 1 week Post-Op tomorrow! (Nov, 27, 2015, I mean...

I feel GREAT as far as pain. It's mostly in the mornings, but it's not terrible, it just takes me some time to get "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed." I'm not feeling hunger, but I do get cravings. Nothing that becomes uncontrollable, mind you, but I've been thinking of a bowl of lettuce, cucumber, and celery (oh, lovely celery) covered in lime juice, salt, and chili. (makes my mouth water already) Or a big tomato with lime and salt and chili...Or anything really with lime salt and chili powder, HAHA! Obviously I'm not eating these things just yet, never mind that they're solids but I'm scared that all the mix of lime salt and chili powder might burn. (EEK!!!)

Anywho, I do get full quite easily and, in fact, I'm having trouble getting in my liquids. Every. Hour. I physically feel better consuming something every 2 or 3 hours. But that also means I'm not getting enough liquids. I don't feel any symptoms of dehydration, but I know it's better to follow the dietary guidelines and be safe rather than sorry.

I COULD GO ON FOREVER! But I'll leave you here before this post gets too long. Would love to meet you all and I would love to read your own stories. ~~~ ¡Mucho amor y paz! ~~~

LisaTucker
on 11/29/15 11:33 am - IL

Hi Elena, I am sorry that no one welcomed you back. I think we have all been busy this week.  I know, i have just gotten back from a 4 day stay in the St. Louis area, ans another  is on her way home from the East Coast.

We are a small group, but we are all friends, We will be here for you whenever you have questions or just need a pep up.

Where do you live?

we try to get together once a year or so. Also, we are all on facebook, so we stay in touch that way too.

I am off to unpack, and then get some groceries.

Hugs.

Lisa

carlak
on 11/29/15 6:06 pm - Bradenton, FL

Hi Elana,

Im Carla I'm a Chicacoan/ Skokian transplant but I live in Bradenton Florida. I do come to Skokie about every 6 to 8 weeks. I am flying there on Thursday I'm playing Grammy for two weeks!! 

Anyway welcome back!

I had revision surgery of sorts in Evanston in October. 

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I ate my crazy three bites and I was way done!!!

I just got home from a 238 mile round trip!!! I went to see my friend in Northern Florida!!!

Carls

image hosting site

Elena Ramon
on 11/30/15 7:44 pm - Chicago, IL

No worries! I figured people were busy, what with Thanksgiving and all. I live right in the city of Chicago, near Logan Square. I would LOVE to meet you all, especially to hear about your personal struggles and how you got past them. I've held on pretty strong as far as head hunger and cravings go, but each day closer to my puréed stage I get super excited about the thought of food. I worry I may get too excited and overindulge. Eek!

But that's a demon I'll deal with then. So far I've lost 43 lbs, 18 of them since surgery a week and some days ago.

Let me know when there's a get together, I'll do my darndest to be there and meet you all personally!

Elena

berts4
on 12/2/15 10:47 am - Rock City, IL

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!

It sounds like you are doing a great job and following your doctor's directions!  That is a great thing.  Hang in there, this will pass and soon, you will be on solids foods.  

I am 9 years out from RNY and I can recommend that you listen and follow the rules for the best results.  I have had quite the journey.  At the moment, I am needing to get back on track after a regain.  

Please come back here often.  We have become friends and check in with each other on the "Daily Roll Call".  That is where we share our lives.  If you have a specific question, it is usually best to post it as it's own topic.  that way, it does not get lost.

I look forward to getting to know you and getting inspiration for my journey back to compliance.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

berts4
on 12/2/15 10:58 am - Rock City, IL
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1061 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5588 views