Tuesday roll call

karenp8
on 4/26/16 11:56 am - Brighton, IL

I've been on OH for several years but never realized til today there is an Illinois forum. A bit about myself first. I had RNY August 29,2012 at a high weight of 272. I lost down to 120 to 123 and have been there since. I am faithful about following the rules,tracking and measuring every bite I eat when at home. I also exercise 11/2 hours nearly every day and post about every day on the RNY forum. I am 56 years old and have two grown sons who no longer are in Illinois. I live north of Alton in a little town named Brighton and had my surgery at Depaul hospital in Bridgeton Missouri. Anyone near me? Raining here and I'd best get back to the housework!

crystal M.
on 4/26/16 12:10 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello there

I am Crystal I am a regular on the Illinois board.  To be honest I don't even know where Alton is...let alone Brighton.  I live in the outskirts of Joliet. 

I am 7 years from my Band surgery.  Lost about 185lbs.  Started out at 360lbs.  Would like to lose a bit more but seem to play around with the same 5 lbs. lately.  But hey I can't complain I have done really well.

I spend most of my days here at work and then at home with my husband. 

That's about it for me.  It's nice to meet you.  Hope to see you here more often  

LisaTucker
on 4/27/16 4:25 am - IL

Welcome, you are doing awesome. I am Lisa, I grew up in East St Louis, originally from

St. Louis, and I love the Alton area. I now live in Streator, with my hubby of 50 years. We have 2 grown daughters, 2 great son in laws, and an awesome almost 18 y.o. granddaughter who will graduate from Bloomington High School next month.

We try to post on here everyday, but lately it doesn't happen that way. That's ok. Our small group is close. And we care for each other. Please come back often, We want to get to know you.

I am on Facebook as Lisa Silberberg Tucker.  Friend me.

Now I have to hurry and get ready for work.

Hugs to our new member.

Lisa

berts4
on 4/27/16 9:20 am - Rock City, IL

Welcome, Karen!

Yippee!!!  A new friend!

I am Dawn, and I had my surgery about 10 years ago.  

I was a slow loser and stopped losing about 40 lbs. from my goal.  I became alcoholic and threw all the rules out and gained probably 25-30 lbs.  I went to treatment, got sober and have allowed sugar and junk back into my life.  Sugar is as addictive as alcohol and they are closely related.  I've gained back to my surgery weight, another 25-30 lbs.

I'm now fighting that regain with exercise and diet changes.  It is hard.  My advice is to never let those things back into your life and keep doing what you are doing.  Getting back to basics is difficult.

I live in the northwest corner in a tiny village called Rock City.  We are close to the Wisconsin border and I actually work in Wisconsin.  I am 54, have a husband of almost 24 years and three children, the youngest soon to be 20.  I have a 17 year old grandson and a granddaughter that is soon to be 10.

We DO seem to do a better job of keeping in touch on Facebook, where I am Dawn E. Bertelsen.  We keep private issues here and weight loss related questions here also.

I am glad you have joined us!  Keep visiting and keep in touch!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views