Summer Cold

Nancy R.
on 5/16/05 2:42 am - Mokena, IL
Let me start out by saying that Yes, I am still pre-op so I know the indirect answer to my question. I am trying to follow as many post op rules as I can. They are submitting to insurance tomorrow, so hopefully I will have a surgery date soon. Anyways, I have a summer cold. If I was post op, what would I be able to take for it? I know Tylenol only for pain relief, but what about the cold aspect? What can you take? Thank you in advance, Nancy
Lora Leach
on 5/16/05 5:19 am - Goreville, IL
the nurse at my drs office told me(cause I THOUGHT I was fighting a head cold) that I could take any tylenol products, so that is what I ended up taking. I bought Tylenol Sinus Severe Congestion, Tylenol nighttime cold medicine Cool Burst. They worked pretty good. She said as long as it didnt have asprin or ibuprofen in it, I would be alright.
Nancy R.
on 5/17/05 2:51 am - Mokena, IL
Thank you!! I went and bought the Tylenol Cool Burst for daytime relief. I was surprised at how cool it really made your throat feel! Thank you and congrats on all your weight loss!! Nancy
Gigglepants10
on 5/17/05 2:52 am - Ozark, MO
Nancy, Do you have sleep apnea too? I do and I have a "cold" and can not breathe through my nose at night. That means that I can't breathe through my cpap mask. I was almost in a panic last night, when I thought I wouldn't get any sleep all night and have to be at work today. Finally, after taking tylenol sinus and an hour and a half later taking Nyquil, I finally fell asleep. I tried using up a whole box of tissues, but that didn't even get it. I am waiting on a return call from my pcp and I will let you know what he says. Lora, I had been told that Dr. Oliphant wants us to only take Tylenol products. I just haven't had them to work for me yet and my pulmonologist said there was nothing I could take, I would just have to ride it out. He gave me Zyrtec for allergy symptoms but that hasn't done anything either. Good luck Nancy! Let me know if you get something that works! Cindy Lou Who
Nancy R.
on 5/17/05 3:25 am - Mokena, IL
I do have sleep apnea too. I am lucky, so far this cold is only in my lungs (never would I think that is a lucky thing), anyways because it is not in my head yet breathing is not a problem. I am hoping to catch the "cold" before it moves into my head, I hate when you can not breathe!!! I am liking these Tylenol Cold, cool blast. I have a lot of relief from them. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!!! Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1068 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5593 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5338 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5365 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5400 views