Going to the store to get all my list for after surgery!!

blondie82968
on 11/3/06 9:46 pm - Attica, IN
Good Morning everyone I'm working on my list for the stores very nervous and confussed but Mariah is sort putting me at the right direction(lo) anyway only 4more days and I'll be on that bench so please everyone keep me in your prayers I got lost's of people praying for me that my heart withstands this surgery so I can get on that Heart Transplant list!! You all are great people haven't chat with alot of you but the ones I have are so sweet and kind so enough for now and have a super nice day!! Gail if you read this I"ve tryed to call you miss talking with you call me tongiht if you can love ya girl Mary
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/06 1:35 am - Terre Haute, IN
I have slowly been working on getting the things I will need for after surgery. Last night I found the vitamins and a pill crusher. I am picking up the things I will need for the hospital too. Linda
drunyan
on 11/4/06 5:56 pm - Brownsburg, IN
Mary, Congratulations!!! Only 4 more days. Well let me tell you those 4 more days will be here before you know it. I'm not sure what all your doctor requires but I can tell you what I bought . I bought Flintstones vitamins (I take 2 a day) Caltrate 600 +D (I take that one 2-3 times a day) B12 sublingual (I take that everyday b/c I am anemic) My doctor only requires you to take it once a week. I also take flaxseed oil. I take the liquid b/c the pills are so big I can't swallow them. (I have trouble swallowing pills, so I take 1 tblsp a day) Ferrous Sulfate (iron pill, I take that 1 time a day) And also do not forget your protein. Get a couple of different ones so you can find out which you like best. Also sf popsicles, sf jello, sf pudding, A sippy cup comes in handy as well. That way you do not take such large gulps of your drink. A baby spoon so you don't take too big of a bite of your food. Lots of broth. SF drinks. Crystal light has some really good flavors. I like the pin lemonade and I would put them in the freezer and let them get kind of slushy and mmmmmm did it taste good. For the hospital, honestly I would not take a lot of stuff b/c you are not going to need it. Maybe a house coat, (Iwore the hospital gown) Some house slippers, clean underpants, something loose fitting to wear home and your pesonal items. Also I will definately be praying for you. I certainly hope your heart is strong enough to withstand the surgery as well. And I also will pray that you get on the Heart Transplant list too. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless you. Hugs Dawn R
Most Active
Recent Topics