Back Home

katbaby351971
on 3/2/07 8:04 am
I did it my surgery was Monday feb 26th at 2:15 they gave me valium to calm me before surgery so I didnt even get the chance to get real upset. cried a little in th eor while they were hooking up the iv last thing I remember was DR diaz drying my face and saying everything was going to be fine. then waking up to see his face again with his big grin saying, Hi kathy I told you so. Had a few problems with the anesthesia mon night couldnt walk because I was too dizzy and light headed. so we started walking tues. Kept all my liquids down and was wlaking alot then I started running a low fever so they kept me until Thurs. I left around 10pm thurs. night. It about 7 pm fri I have all my protein in and need 18 more ounces of liquids for the day. have walked a lot. I didnt have to take any pain pills today but am taking alot of gas x. cause I keep getting hiccups am also having diarreah. the surgery was great I couldnt even feel the incisions, i had to see them to know where they are. I go back on wednesday to have the drain removed and see the nutri. and dr. I cant wait ti get on a scale I gained 11 pounds in hospital but the nurses said dr had me on iv fluids at 250 flow I was getting a bag of iv fluids every 20 minutes so they said that was my problem. so now I am hoping to see some differences I can already feel them. I feel good except a little tired. Hope everyone is doing well
Shellye
on 3/2/07 8:26 am - IN
Welcome back home! So glad to hear that everything turned out fine!
Claudette B.
on 3/2/07 8:34 am - Sheridan, IN
Kathy I am glad things are going well for you. Remember, sip sip sip and walk walk walk!
(deactivated member)
on 3/2/07 9:17 am - Terre Haute, IN
Hip hip hooray! Congrats on things going well and being home now. Linda Vicory
Deb1951
on 3/2/07 9:51 am - Terre Haute, IN
Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work. Call if you need anything. Deborah
DEB E.
on 3/2/07 6:14 pm - indianapolis, IN
You are on your way KATHY. take things easy for a few days then walk drink and try to eat your little 2oz portions. When they take the drain out , you will really feel better....DEB
Linda Kay
on 3/2/07 8:26 pm - Mooresville, IN
You are on your way!! Enjoy the journey!! Best wishes for a safe one!! Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics