MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Kathi F.
on 6/12/10 2:47 pm - Newburgh, IN
As of today,  6-12-10 I know Dr. Huse is the only Dr. at St. Vincent Carmel who takes medicaid.   At Clarian Bariatric all the drs. take Medicare and Medicaid.  Both locations are Center of Excellence.  My dr. will be Dr. Evanson.  He works with both locations but only takes Medicare/Medicaid at Clarian.  Why?  I don't know.  Their numbers are  
St. Vincent Carmel   317-582-7088
Clarian Bariatrics     317-275-7010

Kathi

Embrace your challenges!

Kathi (The Kat Lady)             
-Barby-
on 7/2/10 1:07 am - Mulberry/Lafayette, IN
Dr Lindsay in Franklin, Indiana
JazzyOne9254
on 10/6/12 2:45 am
Due to disability from lupus and fibromyalgia, I have both Medicare and a spend-down Indiana Medicaid.  Dr. Margaret Inman did my DS, and I'm pretty sure Medicare paid for the majority of it, but there was still some left, which Medicaid took care of, since I met my spend-down prior to the date of my surgery (2/25/2009).

I feel Dr. Inman is very good with higher risk patients like me, as most surgeons won't touch a lupus patient.  At 405 pounds, the benefits clearly outweighed the risks (pardon the pun), so I got my DS, and the weight loss has allowed me to more effectively manage ny lupus and fibro.

It might be beneficial to call Meridian Surgical Group, and ask. I had my surgery at St. Vincent's.  I'm not sure aboput Clarian- which is now IU Health.  I'm not sure if Dr. John Huse is in the group, or a private practice, but I do see him at the office when I go in for my surgeon's visits.  I'm on a five year follow with Dr. Inman...18 months left! I think she's doing a study, because a lady in my support group had  a DS with Inman,  but she didin't have as long of a follow up period.  I do recall signing some documents allowing my stats to be used in research.

If you're interested in the DS, Dr. Inman is the only surgeon in the state who performs it.  She is with Meridian Surgical Group, Carmel, IN.  She also does surgery at Clarian/IU Health, but only does the DS at St. Vincent's.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

neaster68
on 9/18/10 8:00 pm
Clarian Bariatrics Center
6640 Intech Blvd., Suite 300
Indianapolis , IN     46278
317-275-7010 or 877-275-2555

They accept medicaid.
Most Active
Recent Topics