My Pre op testing results

Angie68
on 3/7/08 11:30 pm - Economy, IN

Dr Evanson's office called on Thursday to talk to me about my pre op testing results. None of these results will prevent my surgery thank God. She said my thyroid level was a little high. She said it wasnt anything to be terribly concerned about but Dr Evanson said that I should follow up with my regular Dr. She said that my number was 4.5 (whatever that means) I told her that my Dr tested my thyroid last July and it was fine. She said that I could very well have it tested again and it will be fine. So I am going to address this with my Doc after my surgery. She also said that my calcium was a little low and that I am to start the calcium supplements that I would start after surgery now. Ok, this is the part that is interesting to me.  I tested positive for this nasty stomach bug (this is what she called it) and I needed to start some antibiotics before surgery to get rid of it. She said that would take care of it and acted like it was fairly common and no big deal. When I get to the pharmacy to get these meds the tech told me to wait because the pharmcist wants to talk to me. He is explaining how I am to take these meds. I am taking a total of 8 pills a day.  They are a combination of antibiotics and Omeprazole for acid in the stomach. I told him that I really wasnt even clear on what I had. He told me it is to treat my H. Pylori bacteria.  I told him that I dont feel bad. He said you probably would have. He said it could have caused an ulcer. I come home and did some research and find that there is a suspected link between this basteria and stomach cancer when it isnt treated!!!! Yikes!  Anyway, I am glad that it wont stop my surgery. But I definately want to follow up on this stuff and make sure it is taken care of.

MistyLynn81
on 3/8/08 12:18 am - LaGrange, KY
H Pylori is a bug that can cause cancers which is why they'er wanting to treat it with the antibiotics now. :) Keep your head up.. Your gonna be a loser soon. How cool is that?
Most Active
Recent Topics